First Hurtle!!!!

Options
Well, my job has me traveling and I will be traveling starting tomorrow until next Friday. Yea.. I just started getting in a routine and now I have my first real challenge. What to eat? Well, I plan on bringing a few items as I will be driving to the location. The real challenge is when I eat out. Eatting that salad or a junk food meal.... Another challenge is drinking. I am sure I will be offered to go out and have a few drinks. What to drink?

Replies

• dixon5000
    dixon5000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Well, my job has me traveling and I will be traveling starting tomorrow until next Friday. Yea.. I just started getting in a routine and now I have my first real challenge. What to eat? Well, I plan on bringing a few items as I will be driving to the location. The real challenge is when I eat out. Eatting that salad or a junk food meal.... Another challenge is drinking. I am sure I will be offered to go out and have a few drinks. What to drink?
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I always just drink my fave..Miller Lite...I always just budget the calories. I know they have MGD now with 64 calories, but I like Miller Lite although I haven't tried the MGD. Voda and soda water is pretty good, but I tend to drink them too fast. Ummm basically any hard liquor mixed with a non-sugary or diet mixer is okay. About 60 cals each in those...
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options

Hmmm... that's a toughie. I have a hard time staying on track too, when I travel- I would go for a variety of fruit and veg- I tend to get bored fairly easily with meals and if I do, I fall back on stuff that's bad for me- if you're eating a lot of raw veggies and fruits, you won't have to worry much about portion control- You'll be able to eat as much as you want of the right things (which always appeals to me)

I just think about looking like this someday when I want to binge...

exercise.jpg

And as far as beer goes, you're on your own, my dear-

I'm a dark beer drinker...

Shiner, Guiness, etc.. Basically, if you can see through it, I don't want it!! lol
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    YAY that's great.

Alcohol... ohhh that's tricky lol.

I always get a rum & DIET coke

Or light beer.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Becks Premier light - 64 calories
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    my drink of choice is raspberry stoli, w/ soda water, a splash of cranberry and a lime...its good and local...but as we talked about last night the alcohol slows down the weight loss so go easy my friend....wishing you luck and try to have fun!!!

hugs!
    Ali
  • dixon5000
    dixon5000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Its hard to have fun without drinking... lol
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    moderation my friend moderation.....hahahaha okay I almost said that w/ a straight face!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .....ah well....then just do your best!!!:drinker:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I agree, watch your diet as best u can and drink in moderation...
    Have fun...good luck!
    Kim