Sara Rue in People

Options
http://www.usmagazine.com/healthylifestyle/news/sara-rue-wears-first-bikini-after-losing-50-pounds-201164

If she's eating only 1200 calories and still working out that much -- isn't she contradicting what these posts have been saying? P.S. I'm sure they are wrong about the 4-5 miles per week too. It's probably more like 4-5 a day.

Replies

• cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    She looks good though. I hope she wasn't air brushed though.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Major Crushville.

sararue.jpg
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    She looks good though. I hope she wasn't air brushed though.
    She definitely was. You can tell by the unnatural glows that photoshop was used. Still! She lost the weight and does look good I'm sure without the photoshop.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for her success! On a side note... I need me one of those "bikinis" if that even counts as one with like 2 inches of skin showing... lol Sort of like "mom jeans" for bikinis... and that's totally me... hahahaha j/k. It's retro/pin up style so I get it. :)
  • WorkingMomGetsFit
    WorkingMomGetsFit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Holy crap...the picture above doesn't even look like her! I think I even like the color of her hair, considering I am a red head and don't think I would ever venture from red...:flowerforyou:
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Holy crap...the picture above doesn't even look like her! I think I even like the color of her hair, considering I am a red head and don't think I would ever venture from red...:flowerforyou:

Red is awesome.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    WOW!

So that's what 50 pounds looks like. I can't wait -- thanks for the post. I needed that inspiration tonight.

Now to workout!
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I fell in love with Sara in Gypsy 83 -- I wanted to be outgoing and confident like her. I wanted to love my body -- every inch lol. I was kinda bummed when she did the whole diet thing -- but major kudos to her for all her hard work. I'm sure she feels much healthier -- and no matter what -- she'll always be beautiful!!
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    To the OP: Well, she's not doing MFP, she's doing a diet. Though Jenny Craig may become a "lifestyle" for her, it IS a diet plan after all. Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, the Biggest Loser plan*, etc. all allow for a woman to eat 1200 calories a day and not necessarily eat back exercise calories. The focus on MFP is a lifestyle change, whereas the focus of most diets is rapid weight loss. Jenny Craig gets more customers if they can show that someone lost 50 lbs. in a relatively short amount of time.

*I know times are a-changing now, so WW and the newer Biggest Loser plans may be different these days but 5 years ago they both had me eating 1200 cals a day and WW allowed the option of eating back exercise cals.

I fell in love with Sara in Gypsy 83 -- I wanted to be outgoing and confident like her. I wanted to love my body -- every inch lol. I was kinda bummed when she did the whole diet thing -- but major kudos to her for all her hard work. I'm sure she feels much healthier -- and no matter what -- she'll always be beautiful!!

lol I was a little sad when I first saw her on the Jenny Craig commercials too. It's great that she was able to get to a healthier place and she seems super-happy...but it was like "another one bites the dust." There aren't very many girls her old size in Hollywood and it's nice to see confident, beautiful women the same size as me, especially when trying to get fashion ideas for a bigger body. That being said, I'm glad to see she achieved her goals!
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    um...why would anyone be bummed that she wanted to lose weight and have a body that she was happy with? lol isn't why we're all here?
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    um...why would anyone be bummed that she wanted to lose weight and have a body that she was happy with? lol isn't why we're all here?

I know it seems odd -- but there's not very many strong positive role models for bigger gals. I've struggled with my weight my whole life -- but worse than that -- I've struggled with my self worth. I've never loved myself enough to follow my dreams or take chances. So when I see women like Sara Rue or Queen Latifa who ROCK who they are, I feel like it's ok -- to love me -- no matter my size. So then -- yes -- I get a little bummed when I see role models like Sara take the plunge to lose the weight because part of me feels rejected and ashamed for trying to love my fat self.

That being said -- I've very proud of her hard work -- as I am all the people on MFP too. I'm proud of my own hard work too. I'm trying to take the plunge myself and lose weight -- get healthier. As for loving myself -- eh -- I'm working on loving myself for things other than how I look. We all know that our body shape is fluid. We gain...we lose....we tone up....we soften. Someday I'll be dead and I don't think anyone will remember what size clothes I wore.

Hope that somewhat explains my comment :)