Need motivation to work out!!

Options
I need some big motivation to go to the gym tonight! Haven't been since last Thursday...I just want to stay home and spend time with my hubby!

Replies

• khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Can he go with you? That'd be pretty motivating! You can do it!
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I need motivation tonight. I didn't workout yesterday, and would much rather not get sweaty.
  • pgins
    pgins Posts: 2
    Options
    I am not crazy about going to the gym either ! My gym is about 15 minutes away and it is such a pain to go after work. When I don't go I put excercise shows ON DEMAND. I usually pick one that is aerobics and do it for about 30- 40 minutes. This way I don't feel guilty about not going to the gym !
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    its fun!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    The sooner you go the sooner you can get home and spend some time with your man! Just do it and don't make excuses, your body needs this.
  • bebababy
    bebababy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    what about you both stepping out for a short walk! before you know you it you'll be energized and spending QT time with the hubby! just put on your shoes and get cracking! check in with us when u get back!!!
  • Mari82chicago
    Mari82chicago Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    when i feel crappy and dont feel like working out i put a piece of clothing in front of me that i want to wear in summer and ususally think and remember the feeling i feel after i work out which is usually a sense of accomplisment and natural highs!! Try not to think so much about it just do it and in ten minutes you will develop energy and feel great you did it. even if its just 20 min or 30 or a video doesnt matter. Hope it helps
  • katcena
    katcena Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Just do it! But really, if you don't like to go to the gym, then look into a program you can do at home. I just got done with my Turbofire workout at home. Burned 748 caloreis....55minutes. Now, that is worth an hour of my time...and didnt' even have to drive anywhere! And my husband was right here...I had to send him away because he was oggling me...but maybe yours is better behaved? lol
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just do it! But really, if you don't like to go to the gym, then look into a program you can do at home. I just got done with my Turbofire workout at home. Burned 748 caloreis....55minutes. Now, that is worth an hour of my time...and didnt' even have to drive anywhere! And my husband was right here...I had to send him away because he was oggling me...but maybe yours is better behaved? lol

LOL, my husband is a pest too when he watches me exercise.
  • MTLumps
    MTLumps Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Tee-hee-hee... My hubby does that too, but that is pretty good motivation for me! :bigsmile:
  • MTLumps
    MTLumps Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hubby time is wonderful!! BUT... time to take care of you will only make hubby time better in the long run. :smile: Does that help at all??
  • LauraRhodes0902
    LauraRhodes0902 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! A nice walk with my hubby and kiddos sounds lovely, maybe we'll try that tonight. :)
  • beccab84
    beccab84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What works for me is to just get up and do it. Once I start I usually fid the motivation.
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    you should try investing in a dvd you can do at home so you eliminate the driving/away portion of working out! :)
  • justalittleTLC
    justalittleTLC Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I LOVE going to the gym! Its a good way to just go clear our your mind and work out. I always feel good after I am done at the gym. Whether its an hour or just for 30min- I always feel better afterwards.
  • KitKB
    KitKB Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ok, I hate the gym. I have absolutely no interest in this building. The gym near me is crowded and I feel like everyone is judging me the moment I walk in the door.

However... I have about a million parks near me, some with some really great shade on hot days. I love to walk and run at these parks. I've gotten to where I go to the parks twice during the work week. On the weekend my "exercise" is always something fun. It could be dancing at a club. Going on a hike at the local forest. Maybe hoofing it at the zoo with friends. It's become a fun game to come up with new ideas for my weekend exercise...

You have kids, right? And a husband? Think of the possibilities for weekend events! Especially now that it's spring. Go explore a nearby creek. Go take a wilderness walk and get to know your wildflowers. Find a zoo. Find some gardens. Go throw a frisbee around. Go fishing! Possibilities are endless :D
  • LauraRhodes0902
    Options
    Ok so we just took a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood. It was absolutely lovely until my soon to be 4 year old took off down the street and wouldn't come back to us. Ugh.
  • LauraRhodes0902
    Options
    Ok so we just took a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood. It was absolutely lovely until my soon to be 4 year old took off down the street and wouldn't come back to us. Ugh.