Gazelle Supra

Options
Does anyone own one or know much about them? I've read a few reviews. Someone has it posted online for sale and I'm just wondering if it'd be a good investment. I already have an elliptical, I just want another machine so that I'm changing things up every so often so I don't get too used of the elliptical.

My other option would be an exercise bike.

Opinions?

Replies

• wises5
    wises5 Posts: 53
    Options
    I have a gazelle, n i LOVE it I do 30mins a day...its fast n enjoyable deff. worth the money i paid 100 for mine
  • Brittney24
    Brittney24 Posts: 105
    Options
    This one is 100 used. Have you used an elliptical as well? Are they pretty comparable?
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    there no comparable at all with the elliptical. where this thing fails is in the resistance. i never breath heavy at all on these things go with the bike.
  • wises5
    wises5 Posts: 53
    Options
    I cannot compare because I have bad knees so the gazelle is the best thing for my body
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    The Supra model are supposed to have adjustable resistance ( the Freestyle model- which I have- does NOT)
    I do believe they discontinued making them, but can't find the year.
    Found this article which might answer some questions for you
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/271888-about-gazelle-supra-exercise-equipment

Here's hoping you get a good deal if you decide to get it!
  • Brittney24
    Brittney24 Posts: 105
    Options
    Thank you:)

It does have hydraulic resistance. I just wanted to know if it was any good since I don't want to waste my money on something not useful.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I have the original Gazelle with no resistance and its pretty easy to use, I do it so fast now that I turn around backwards on it
    and I also use it standing sideways to help my inner thighs.
  • asmith74
    asmith74 Posts: 12
    Options
    How do you record the exercise on MFP with the Gazelle as I cant find it?
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Jill_newimprovedversion Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I found this site posted by someone else on another forum:
    http://www.fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp

Find the drop down menu list- Gazelle is on it. You'll have to add your weight and number minutes exercised. Hope this helps