*From 208 lbs to 145 lbs - Pictures*

Options
I just wanted to begin with a tremendous thank you to 'my pals' on here! There are a few of you that have kept me so encouraged and I appreciate it more than words could express...I will try to keep this short and sweet. I weighed my heaviest, 208 lbs, in December of 2008 after giving birth to my precious baby boy (10 lbs of that was my son!!) A week later I weighed in at 186 lbs on the doctors scale. With 9 months of breastfeeding and moderate exercise the weight slowly came off. I also lost more weight with the death of my husband, which would eventually inspire me to live a healthier lifestyle. I started my journey (as corny as that sounds) in April of 2010, the day after Easter. I like to say slow and steady wins the race. I work out 4 times a week and I watch what I consume. The food part has always been the hardest for me (i love food!) I have gotten off track more times than I can count but I never gave up and I never will!! I have lost a total of 63 lbs since the birth of my son and a total of 21 lbs since joining MFP. Also, since joining mfp I have lost a total of 3.5 inches off my chest, 1.5 inches from my arms, 1.5 from my waist, 2.5 from my abdomen, 1.5 from my hips, and 3 inches from my thighs. I wish I wouldve taken measurements from the beginning!! My ultimate goal is 135 lbs at 5"6 and I will continue to work for those numbers. 10 more lbs!! Thanks for reading, good luck to all of you in your life goals!!
- Amy

DSC01050-1.jpg
020-1.jpg
DSC01054-1.jpg

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Amazing..great job!!
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Great job, sweetie - you look incredible. I'm sure your husband would be so proud!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Wow that is so awesome! You look fab! Keep it up! BIG CONGRATS TO YOU!
  • precious71701
    Options
    Awesome Job!!! Now you have more energy to run in behind that little boy...Congrats!!!!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    You look great! Fantastic work and results.
  • Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    Brilliant job!

You look amazing :)

-Rain
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    you look FANTASTIC...great motivation for those of us still over 200 pounds
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on becoming the hottest mama!!!! Keep it up, girl, we're all behind you!!!!
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    Thanks for your inspiration on a day when I am feeling like I don't think this weight is ever going to come off. I too struggle with the eating the most, exercise is something I have always enjoyed. I also enjoy eating way too much. But, it is coming slowly but surely. Thanks for sharing. Congrats and good luck on the last 10. You look fabulous where you are though!!
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story. What a way to pick yourself up after such a loss. You look radiant!
  • rainbow_dawn1990
    Options
    Great JOB and very inspireing I weigh 247 right now but I lost 20 pounds my highest weight was 268!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You have done a great job..... I agree with your philosophy slow and steady :flowerforyou:
  • marshallmat
    marshallmat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    what a great story!!! Sorry for the loss of your husband. Keep up the good work you look amazing!!!
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Inspiring!
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. You look great!
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing your success with all of us. It will light the spark for someone I'm sure to get to their own goal. You are an inspiration to many!
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Keep at it you will meet your goals for sure! You look amazing!
  • momof3babes
    momof3babes Posts: 103
    Options
    Amazing!! You are inspiring!
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    Jaw dropping!!!! You. Look. Fantastic. Congratulations!!!
  • lemanda
    lemanda Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Good job! I can't imagine losing my husband and good for you for taking such a devastating challenge and turning it into something better .
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!