LA FITNESS TRAINER SCAM ??

Options
2»

Replies

• rainbow_dawn1990
    Options
    That was so uncalled for the way he pushed you into it Like you I would have also reported him you did the right thing!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I have been going to LA Fitness for 6 months. It's in a very ritzy area so I know they are not hurting for personal training clients!! I became chummy with the front desk guy AND the fitness GM and they both *get this* told me NOT to get sucked in!!!!! It's part of their company philosophy. It's the only way that gym makes $. They both told me not to even do the free first trial session that all new members get. Isn't that just hilarious!!! You can totally do it without them girl!! I have lost almost 36 lbs. I love the classes there!! NOW the trainers always talk to me, "hey you're looking good." "nice form!" things like that... You can totally do it. Read books, do research, PUSH yourself. That's all *I think* is needed =)
  • DrewD2011
    DrewD2011 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have belonged to La Fitness for the last 26 months...I took the "free" initial session and never looked back..I have always kept a basic lifting routine, I had a lot of damage to undo...the results now speak for themselves...I love La Fitness...I can be my own motivator and educator, but it took an absolute ton (or 1/5th) of work. 105 pounds down and at my goal. If you are disciplined and motivated...you can do without their sketchy trainers...I have seen literally a hundred go through my La Fitness and I hear a lot of lousy stories about their sales pressure...not one original trainer is left from my sign up day. If they are not there for the long haul for themselves...they will not be your only answer. Don't get a trainer...get a routine.

La Fitness is a great gym...I have used 25+ all over the country ( I travel a lot for work)...results come from motivated people. I still go almost every single day!

Good luck!
  • kamochee
    kamochee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i lost 28 pounds in the past 5 months without.a..trainer....LA fitness is a great place to workout but it is impossbile to get out of a year long contract...so be very sure before signing up...the classes, weights, and cardio are great..and are enough