Need runner friends

Options
I'm practicing for my first 5k at the end of May. I got on MFP originally to lose 37 lbs., but now wanting to get back to my first love - running. It would be nice to see others reporting their run times/goals/achievements... and to give support and receive support. Thanks. :)

Replies

• feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am training for some races and would love to touch base with other runners too...Feel free to add me as a "runner friend" :wink:
  • evanness
    evanness Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm training for my first 5K too! The run is this weekend! I'm so excited! :)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I am really getting into running. I am not as good at it as I'd like to be.

Yesterday I decided to train the Couch to 5K guide on the treadmill, while still doing a day or 2 of running outside at a pace of however I felt.

Right now, I can run 3.3 miles in about 43 minutes. I don't really consider that running since I go so slow! (13 min per mile)

I am really hoping that I can train well enough to run 3.1 miles in less than 40 minutes. That is very close! Ideally I want to beat Ickybella's time (she is so buff, I want to be fit like her!) of a 5K in 27mins!
  • Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    Way to go! I'm a lousy running, but a great walker/hiker.

Congrats on the 23 you've already lost ;)

-Rain
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I run. Just finished my last "race" till the fall. I switch to tris in the spring summer. But I still run 3-4 x week for tri training. I will have Savannah Marathon in Nov. If I fall apart mid summer and decide to not do my 1/2 Iron Man I may aim for a 50 miler cuz I REALLY want a ultra sticker on my car
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!! I never ran a mile before last spring when I did C25K... now I'm training for my first 10k and after that I'm going for a 1/2 marathon this fall!!!! Going for a 5 mile run in the morning... that doesn't intimidate me anymore like it used to!

For the first time in my life, I consider myself an athlete and a runner!!!!
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    I used the C25K for awhile too as an aid, and I wasn't that big of a fan ... I sort of like the Nike+ sensor better. I'm usually good now to jog/run 3 miles a day on the treadmill. I've used other 'podcasts' too though that I like. Especially for HIIT.

I'm getting over a cold so I'm hoping that I'll be able to get back into my normal cardio routine. I did 18 minute jog today and it felt good, so that helps me stay positive.
  • Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Im a runner. Im training for the 8km mothers day classic run next month.
    Have you had a look at the runningahead website? There is so much awesome information specifically for running.
    Feel free to add me if you like.
    x
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am also training for my first 5k the second week in June. I've never run for anything (except my life, lol). Feel free to add me :)