Cheat night/day

Options
On your cheat night or day do you count the calories still or do you just eat what you want? I tend to do just a cheat dinner and I don't worry about the intake. I just work out a bit extra the day I decide to cheat to try and alleviate it. LOL

Replies

• grabacokelaurie
    Options
    I figure my calories on my Cheat Day as best I can. It just makes me aware of how much more I consume that day. I usually do a Cheat Meal along w/a Cheat dessert.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I usually will be conscious of what I eat, but I won't count calories. I only do cheat days on special occasions--like a birthday or a concert out of town or what have you-- so since mine are so far and few between I don't worry about counting calories. Obviously don't binge out because it's a cheat day, but you deserve a day to not worry about calories :)
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    I always count the calories. Lets me know how far overboard I go!!
  • williamsge
    williamsge Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about this topic as well. I just started using MFP after cancelling my WW membership. While doing WW I would use all my weekly points on one day and then stay within my daily points the rest of the week. I was seeing small losses on the scale, so I'm undecided on if I'm going to use the method of having a higher calorie day once a week or not.
  • Mightytaco84
    Mightytaco84 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I never go a day without counting my calories. Whether it's to lose weight, gain, or maintain. It's only cheating yourself.