Why is the wgt not changing??

Options
This is so frustrating! I lost 3kg of water wgt in the first 8 days (before joining here) - and since then the scale has been at a total stand still! It has been a wk since then and I have been measuring and logging my food and staying, for the most part, right on my calorie goal (one day way under, one day 300 over but still a deficit) - I would love for anyone with suggestions for my food diary to take a look and post potential improvements - I hope I am just being impatient and that it will start moving again... It is just so hard to know if it is a temporary thing or if I should be changing things to see results...

any advice would be really appreciated :)

Bridget

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    This is so frustrating! I lost 3kg of water wgt in the first 8 days (before joining here) - and since then the scale has been at a total stand still! It has been a wk since then and I have been measuring and logging my food and staying, for the most part, right on my calorie goal (one day way under, one day 300 over but still a deficit) - I would love for anyone with suggestions for my food diary to take a look and post potential improvements - I hope I am just being impatient and that it will start moving again... It is just so hard to know if it is a temporary thing or if I should be changing things to see results...

any advice would be really appreciated :)

Bridget

Your diet is all over the place. You need more consistency. Here is a statistic for you. If you eat an extra 100 calories a day, you will gain 10 lbs a year. Personally, I am not a big fan of the variable calories. You should stay consistant with a daily goal. This will allow for your metaboism to stabilize. Next, go in the goals and do a custom set up. Do a 40/40/20 (carbs/protein/fat) split in the custom settings. This is considered a fat burning stage. Additionally, are you eating every 3 hours? Next, what is your workout schedule like?
  • CraftyJenguin
    CraftyJenguin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I know that at some point during your weight loss your muscle mass can build as your fat drops. This can cause a scale stand-still, or even a bit of a gain before you start losing again.
  • bjam1234
    bjam1234 Posts: 75
    Options
    crazy - i actually thought (with the exception of the soup day) that it was relatively consistent - I feel I have much to learn...

exercise = once a week yoga, daily walking the dog (about 30mins brisk walking), 1-2 times per week tennis (min 1hr).
  • AngelicaDulas
    Options
    Your Diary looks pretty good as far as the foods being healthy... but what about your sodium!?!?! That is a HUGE shocker for a lot of people. You can add to see 5 or 6 different things along with the calories. If you are eating too much sodium, you'll be retaining like crazy. It does take a few weeks too, I've only lost 9lbs in 8 weeks, but it's because I don't have a whole lot to lose. (20 more lbs) so it takes longer and it's harder when your body gets closer to it's ideal ratio... So just give it time! :)
  • wanderingfireworks1
    Options
    It looks to me like for the most part you eat pretty healthy, which is great! Eating 5-6 small meals a day rather than 3 large ones will keep your metabolism revved up, you could give that a go. I do recommend you drink a lot more water. Water does wonders when you're trying to lose weight. Aside from that, I'd say just keep eating healthy and get daily exercise with both cardio and strength training. Buy a measuring tape, it can be more reliable than a scale because as you gain muscle the number on the scale may stay the same or even go up, while your inches shrink! Good luck to you, hope this was helpful!
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    1 week and no scale change.... Don't worry about it! You didn't put that weight on in a day. Give it some time and stick with the plan

--Out
  • bjam1234
    bjam1234 Posts: 75
    Options
    Thanks for taking a look guys, will go get a measuring tape and try splitting the meals a bit more (the snacks are placed at morning and arvo tea type times or sometimes arvo tea and after dinner - but could definitely split them more evenly)

and could certainly be the salt as this is really something I dont watch in foods and also add to some :embarassed:

Bridget
  • bwesser
    bwesser Posts: 61
    Options
    Another thing you can look at is the amount of protien you are taking in. The more protien you have, the more you will generally weigh. Protien is definitely a good thing to have, but unless you are super super active you should try to stick closer to the goals that MFP sets for you so you are not overloading on it.