Ways to eat Guac?

Options
2»

Replies

• Foxworth81
    Foxworth81 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've used it as a sandwich spread, including turkey burgers, in lieu of mayo; I also once made deviled eggs, using avocado instead of mayo. They were pretty tasty! Even my boyfriend enjoyed them, and he's not into "healthy versions" of things he likes. So that must mean they were pretty good! Avocado also replaces yogurt in a smoothie, making them really creamy.

Deviled Eggs? What a good idea. I'm SO making these for Eater. Thanks for sharing!
  • lejess
    lejess Posts: 63
    Options
    I'm obsessed with avocados lately. Try the Arnold's Sandwich thins, toast them, and spread on avocado. Delicious snack.

I also like to throw slices on my BLT's, instead of mayo.

Its also awesome as a soup topper. I recently made Pioneer Woman's Chicken Tortilla soup (5 stars by the way) and that was the first time I ever used avocado to top soup. It really made the dish.

Thanks everyone else for sharing ideas too! This is a delish post! I need to try that deviled eggs idea too!
  • queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    avocado and tomato sandwich on whole wheat bread or in a rice tortilla is awesome.
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast and spread the guacamole on a wrap YUMMY! I also use it as topping for my hamburgers with a slice of tomatoe..or do like my kids and eat it out of the bowl with a spoon :tongue:
  • TurboJenn
    TurboJenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like to make guac lettuce wraps. I take green or red leaf lettuce and layer it with guacamole, black beans, chicken, tomatoes. I've even eaten it with just guacamole and lettuce and it's so good.