Guess I Should Introduce Myself

jenniferlspies
jenniferlspies Posts: 75
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm Jennifer! I've been using MyFitnessPal since January 2nd and have been lurking in the forums for about the same amount of time. So, I figured it was about time I introduced myself and started posting!

I've been overweight since at least middle school (I'm 22 right now), with my highest weight being ~210 lbs. I started using MyFitnessPal at 197 lbs, and have lost 19 lbs. I'm looking to get down to about 145 lbs, just depending on how I look and feel. Right now, it's feeling great to see myself shrinking (just bought the first pair of size 12 pants that I can remember!) and the self-confidence that's coming along with it.

I'm 3 weeks into a 5K training program (5K 101) and am looking forward to being able to run the entire 5K distance soon. On the days I don't run, I switch between Jillian Michaels DVDs, Biggest Loser DVDs, and yoga.

Replies

• pooma
    pooma Posts: 25 Member
    You are on FIRE!!! GO girl!
  • MariahNS
    MariahNS Posts: 23
    You are doing great! You and I started around the same time but you are losing some serious weight! Congrats! I'd love to have a new friend so I'll send a request!
  • :glasses: keep up the good work!
  • KELM0710
    KELM0710 Posts: 147 Member
    Hi!! Welcome!! <--a little delayed since you joined in Jan. lol But nonetheless...Glad you decided to start posting. You will gain soo much feedback in posting and it will definitely help motivate you on your journey. You are doing so great already!! Congrats and keep up the fantastic work :)

I am roughly the same weight, not sure of ur height, as you. If you would like to, you can add me for motivation. :)
  • Thanks for all the encouragement!
  • That is one inspirational introduction, welcome. Add me if you'd like :)
This discussion has been closed.