Timex Personal HRM - HELP!

HDurow1018
HDurow1018 Posts: 37 Member
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi!
I bought a Timex Personal HRM last week and thought it was working really well. I like that it has a chest strap since I thought that would be more accurate. Except when I went for a walk with my sister-in-law last night (we did 4 miles in one hour) it said that I burned over 900 calories. That can't be right! MFP said that it should only be 400something.
Does anyone have one of these HRMs? Can I do anything with it to get it to be accurate? Change the batteries maybe? Return it and get a different one? I just don't want to have spent the money on something that is not going to be accurate. And I don't want to return it, buy a different brand and have the same problem. Help please!!

Thank you :happy:

Replies

• Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Return it! Get a Polar :happy: I had the same problem with my first watch (sportline from walmart) gave me rediculous numbers. I now have a Polar and I LOVE it. Best investment ever.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    I'm not certain about that particular monitor, but did you enter your correct weight and sex? when you count your pulse rate, does it equal what the monitor shows? I have a Polar and biking with a heart rate average of 161 for 12.5 miles in an hour, sweating like a pig ,burns about 900 Kcals for me. So I have my doubts about your walk burning 900
  • EllyK09
    EllyK09 Posts: 75
    I have a Timex also and I know the heart rate is correct but it also gives me high calories burned. A bunch of people are going to tell you to return it and get a Polar but Timex is also highly suggested by others so I'm interested to see what people say.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,493 Member
    I am torn between Timex and a Polar so I am interested in responses also.
This discussion has been closed.