Colonics

Options
the cleanse topic reminded me. Has anyone had a colonic? Do they work? Healthy? Hurt? Im thinking of getting one to get clean.

Replies

• LOVEthighSELF
    LOVEthighSELF Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    curious about this.... bump ;)
  • mangos4music
    mangos4music Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i have honestly never heard of one til you asked this question lol
  • Leopardliz
    Leopardliz Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Its when they stick a tube in ur rectum like about an inch in and they have a solution they run into ur colon. This cleans out ur intestine and any excess poop u have in there. I heard ppl can have up to like 15lbs of feces stuck in there and that colonics can get rid of some and help u loose some weight.
  • alexinc
    alexinc Posts: 3
    Options
    I have always wanted to do it but dont want to go alone:) let us know how it goes if u ever do it.
  • DevineCreatureJoJo
    Options
    Posted this elsewhere but hoping to help anyone who may need it. Oh and it doesn't hurt, the tube is strawsize. Let me know if you have any questions. :)
    I just had it done last week and will be going again today. It is totally recommended for anyone who is constantly constipated and having issues with other organs. It is highly recommended that you take probiotics before and after having the colonic treatment done as yes you may lose some of the healthy flora in the process. I recommend taking probiotics for anyone taking meds as well as (for a female) it will help you not get a yeast infection. My stomach was always bloaded and hard to the touch because of a all the build up. I even had my gall bladder removed and have been having trouble with kidney infections and my pancreas. This is due to the toxic build up that has been sitting in me for so long as I would only go #2 once a day or at least 4 times a week which is not healthy. I do drink a lot of water daily and eat right but that wasn't even helping me. Having the colonics done helped my stomach go down a lot and is helping me go to the bathroom more regular.

I went to A New Leaf which uses only warm water and not caffeine as other places will do. Your large intestine has several points issued to several different parts of the body (eyes, nose, liver, gall bladder, etc...) and it also will take in nutrients from food you eat but when you have a wall full of old toxic waste that never flushed out, you will get sick. After 45 minutes of the colonic treatment, my body was still flushing out old debris from my body and you can feel little pelets coming out during the 45 mintues, I was able to go down 5 pounds after the treatment so its not just water being flushed in and out. stuff actually does come out.

I recommend this for anyone wanting to be healthier. Hope this info helps others. :) Probiotics is a must.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Is this procedure okay if you are trying to get pregnant???
  • DevineCreatureJoJo
    Options
    I don't think so but I'll ask today when I go in and get back to you.
  • sarahsfaith
    sarahsfaith Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have done it, for cleansing and also for medical reasons. You can use it if you're pregnant (PanteraGirl) I asked the OBGYN when I was pregnant and there is no risk. The only thing is that when I was pregnant, I felt more the pressure so I did it with half the water that it was supposed to be used in the enema bag.

It is recommendable to use distilled water with the enema. Adding coffee is a good alternative because it helps clean more (and lose more weight)

My opinion is that the enema helps you take the trash out. You take the trash out of your house because if not, pests will come. Same with the body, if you don't go regularly in the natural way, is good to have a helper.

Once I lost 5 pounds because of an enema, you can't imagine how much you can have inside until you tke it out!
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    No way...I don't want anything near my back door!
  • pjm1806
    pjm1806 Posts: 41
    Options
    It's great for ppl who want to get pregnant. As of trexcess build up may press on your matrix voiding you having problems to get pregnant. Try it. I will get it this Saturday!!!