how to make a smoothie??

Options
13»

Replies

• Fat2FitAmanda
    Options
    I made a reallllly good one yesterday with frozen strawberries and blueberries, 1 vanilla yoplait, and a little milk. I have a crappy blender so I used my Pampered Chef Manual Food Processor and it was perfect! I'm glad I came on here to check for some ideas!!
  • pittures
    pittures Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    if I make a smoothie and drink part now and part later am I logging all the ingredients in my list separately (half the amounts now and half later) or am I creating a recipe and identifying a serving size?

I would think that it would work out to be the same totals but it wasn't when I tried it.
    I may have done something wrong?
    Is one way more acceptable over the other? (or more accurate I guess is the better word)?

thanks
  • greatdragon
    Options
    take your fav fruits and veggies add to blender with yogurt blend tell smooth and add ice and enjoy you can make just about any flavor you can imagine

Some people add protein powder into the mix as well
  • twogoots
    twogoots Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas. Need to invest in a good blender now. :)
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    bump
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I usually use a combination of different things, but my main one is:
    banana, cup of frozen strawberries, handful of blueberries, teaspoon of honey, handful of baby spinach, 1/4 cup sliced cucumber with skin, couple mango slices, greek yogurt(about 6 oz.), 2 tbsp ground flax, then a cup of milk/water.

Here's a recipe for a pumpkin smoothie: http://bonzaiaphrodite.com/2010/10/playing-with-pumpkin-raw-pumpkin-pie-raw-pumpkin-breakfast-smoothie/

Mess around with combinations. Try sticking some kale in there. Lots of greens will affect the flavor depending on how much you add.
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    1 cup plain Greek yogurt
    1 banana
    2 tbsp peanut butter
    1 tbsp vanilla extract