New here hoping I can stick with it.

Options
Hi folks.
I am on here to make sure I never hit 200. I am currently 197, the heaviest of my life.
I love the tools on here and how easy it is to use from my phone.
I want to run but I think I need to work off some weight first. My knees don't seem to be able to quite handle the pressure.

I've always been overweight. It doesn't seem possible to me that I could be anything else. As a friend of mine once said "you're not fat, you're Italian" :wink:
Its scary. But I want it. And I feel like if I can lose the weight than I can do anything. Cliche as that sounds.

I want it. I hope this works.

Replies

• RabbitFrogg
    Options
    Keep on going, don't ever be disappointed, as long as you are willing to try and you are trying hard.

Some days, you can go over the calorie count, some days you have spare a few hundred extra, every single calorie counts.

Before you order that poutine/lasagna, just know that there is always a cause and effect.
  • minus40
    minus40 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Welcome! - You've taken the first step :)

Feel free to add me. I will try my best to share some positive vibes & motivation :)

Good luck!
  • yalva1
    yalva1 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi there !

You can do it. MFP is so incredibly nice and helpful far beyond what I expected. Add a picture! Good luck.

Yolanda
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Having been married to two Italians and dated one from various regions of Italy, first things first. Get rid of all your white pasta. Change how you eat your pizza and cheeses. Ditto for that Italian rice too!

Look for healthier alternatives like brown & wild rice. Whole wheat pizza crust with only a 1/4 cup of skim milk mozzarella. Load up on beans and lentils and lots and lots of leafy green salads with balsamic vinegar.

Cut your oil intake by 1/2. You guys use oil in virtually everything. And get a handle on your portion control. I mean truly learn what a REAL portion is. Visit the diabetic society online for a handy portion guide. Simply type in 'handy portion guide' in google search.

My ex-husband struggled for 4 months to lose 50 pounds, yet lost the weight simply by cutting out all the sinfuls I mentioned above. By the fifth month I put him on a semi-vegetarian diabetic, portion-controlled meal plan of 1,200 calories - he lost 25 pounds in one month for a total of 75 pounds. His blood sugar went from 16 down to 5. He's never looked better and has never been more healthy in his entire life.

You can do this, but it's gonna challenge everything about your culture. You're gonna need a strong support team - thankfully you've come to the right place!

You don't have to do this alone. But you do have to willing to try new things. I strongly suggest you keep your food diary public, start making supportive friends, and get ready to be receptive to suggestions on how to change virtually everything about the way you think, feel and behave around food and exercise.

If you'd like, feel free to add me as a friend. All the best love. You can do this if you're truly committed in your body, heart and mind.