Thyroid issues

Options
does anyone have experience with thyroid issues , and have to do hormone replacement?

Replies

• jsallis
    jsallis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do. I have been dealing with it since I was 12 years old.
  • wises5
    wises5 Posts: 53
    Options
    Yes, it sucks but you still can drop the pounds trust me!! (: don't let it control you, i used to let it.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Yes....I've been on medication for being hypothyroid for 10 years. It doesn't mean you can't lose weight.....it may be harder, but you can still do it.:smile:
    There have been several recent posts on this issue. Do a search, and you'll find lots of information.
    Kaye
  • INKSFITNESS
    Options
    Yes, I have it and still lose weight. I didnt find out till I had already lost 75 lbs. I take the meds for it now and have no side effects except I feel better and have more energy.
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I do have it as well.. & am on meds.. though still can lose weight.. just need to figure out how your body works & try different things.. you will do well:)
  • Jennaberry
    Options
    I have been hypothyroid for 28 years, my internist said weight loss is not impossible but it might take a little more effort, as you can see from my ticker I have lost 13 pounds in a little over a month following a 1200 calorie eating plan and exercising daily. I take synthroid .175 daily. Losing the weight is very possible! :)
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Yes and Yes....since I was 12yrs old...any other questions?
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    Options
    Yes, I was diagnosed with hypohyroidism when I was about 12, and have been on a steadily increasing dosage of synthroid (levothyroxine technically) ever since. Why do you ask?
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I had thyroid cancer 10 years ago and take thyroid replacement medication on a daily basis
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I had mine removed 3 yes ago because of cancer. I take synthroid now. You have to work a little harder but you can lose weight with thyroid problem. make sure your taking your med everyday on an Empty stomach. :)