turkey sandwiches....

tlaker
tlaker Posts: 82 Member
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
I love having a turkey sandwich pretty much every day or a salad. Only problem is i really want to focus on my sodium intake. I usually have hillshire farms turkey ultra thin....but the sodium is SOO high. They DO have a lower sodium option, but the calories increase by 10. not that its really that big of a deal.

So is the turkey i would get from behind the deli counter a better option as far as sodium??? or another brand i could try? or is turkey just really bad in sodium no matter what, so i should get over it and move on???

Replies

• imbwy420
    imbwy420 Posts: 29
    Boar's Head Oven Gold Turkey coldcuts are lower in sodium than your average turkey coldcut! (I used to work in a deli :p) Good luck!
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    you can find turkey at the deli with lower sodium...all lunch meat is relatively high in sodium since they have to pack it in preservatives...
  • dietcokeplease
    dietcokeplease Posts: 29 Member
    If you try a Co-op or Whole Foods/Trader Joe's sort of store they may have reduced sodium turkey. Maybe grab some Jennie O or equivalent lean ground turkey and make burgers for a few days. They save in the fridge for about 3 days and you can make wraps or tacos later on. You can have more control over what you're eating and it might be a nice change in your routine. Good luck!
  • nedasdaughter
    nedasdaughter Posts: 14 Member
    The Boars Head Reduced Sodium is excellent! Ask your local deli if they have any reduced sodium turkey...they will be happy to tell you.
This discussion has been closed.