->Calling all smokers who are trying to quit<-

Options
2»

Replies

• cjduckie
    cjduckie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ok, so now the REAL challenge is about to start... I've just finished work & I'm heading home... night time of course being my favourite time to indulge. Gonna hit the gym straight away and stay there until closing time, lol - hopefully that will help :laugh:

19hrs19mins now...whooo!! Getting there :drinker:
  • Therapist_mama
    Therapist_mama Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You know how it is said we can be our own worst enemies? Well I believe we can turn that around and be our own best friends! How we would encourage a friend is how we need to encourage ourselves! Be gracious, kind and yet firm especially in a positive voice! You can do anything you set your mind to! It all starts in the mind so use your mind to get you where you want to go! The physical cravings will begin to change as you choose a new way to cope with stress. It takes only 21 days to form a new habit. You can do this. Remember to drink lots of water! My favorite is Spring water!

Best to you on this quest!:flowerforyou:
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    you know, it's one thing for regular smokers to quit. but i wonder if the same things would work for me? see, i tend to smoke out on my front step after walking home from a workout - it cuts my appetite so i only have a small necessary snack, instead of a whole meal every time i get back. mostly it just keeps me occupied while i'm enjoying the night air. so how do i counteract that?

Nicotine gum? Target is selling it for $8.50 a package I noticed today.
    Ted

yeah, that was my first thought. but i don't think it's a nicotine thing for me. lol for me it seems to be the smoke itself, making the air cooler and the food more disgusting. i think i'm just gonna go cold turkey. i plan on doing two workouts today. that's two cigarettes i just can't allow myself to have. simple enough. and for the food. . .i dunno. i'll figure something out.
  • cjduckie
    cjduckie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    So mine's a complete FAIL today!! Business meetings & lunches with smokers... I didn't stand a chance! I've deleted my ticker, but will start it up again, first thing tomorrow coz I'm getting STRAIGHT BACK ON THAT WAGON!!!! Lost the first battle, but I will win the war!!!!! :devil: hehehe