Polar FT7-Changing heart rate settings?

Options
I recently bought the Polar FT7 to get a better understanding of just how many calories I'm burning during my workouts. I understand that you get out of these things what you put in to them. Meaning, it's only as accurate as the input I give it. I watched all the tutorial videos on their site and got moving.
Then I remembered this page: http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/support/faqs?product=&category=General&documenttitle=How+to+calculate+target+heart+rate+zone?&document=/gip/PEUS1kb-public.nsf/web_cat/85256F470048B0BC852574FD00655BD8

It talks about taking your resting heart rate in the morning for 3 days in a row, then to average them out. I did that since I want the most accurate info. Then I did the math and figured out my percentages (my target zones based on the percentage of my maximum heart rate).
141-153...60%
153-165...70%
165+.........80%

But I don't see anywhere to adjust this stuff. It only seems to take in account my age, sex, weight & height. So, it calculates my targets as this:
112-131...60%
131-150...70%
150+.........80%

Is there anyway to adjust this stuff? Will my calories burned be less accurate or it that simply tabulated from the age, sex, weight & height info?

Any insight, help, advice would be great. I just want to make sure I'm getting the most out of my new thingy. Thank you.

Replies