OMG! I HATE American Idol!!!

Options
TDGee
TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
I have never enjoyed this show, but my wife and kids seem to LOVE it. They also enjoy Justin Beiber, so there you go...
I had created a way for me to cope with this show being on in my living room two nights a week. (Yes, I could leave the room, but I do not wish to have anymore "Conversations" about "spending time with your family", knowwhatImean?
Since I started MFP, however, I haven't spent many calories on adult beverages. I'm looking for ideas to help me through these troubling times.. Confusing? The gist of how I passed the time follows.

Every time Randy Jackson speaks like an idiot= take a drink. :drinker:
"Pitchy" = Two drinks :drinker: :drinker:
"Dawg" = Finish your drink :drinker:
"Yo!" in any context=two drinks :drinker:
Every time JLo "Loves" somebody/something=drink :drinker:
Sucking up to Steven Tyler= drink :drinker:
There are numerous variations and triggers, but...
Well, you get the picture...

So, I'm really looking for some suggestions. please help! I really don't want the extra calories and I don't think my liver can take much more...
Thank you!!
Ted

Replies

• Amcantar
    Amcantar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Maybe make it an exercise game? Dawg = 10 Jumping jacks. "Pitchy" = 10 Crunches, 10 lunges, 10 push ups. You get the idea ;3
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    bahahahaha
  • richiedbond
    Options
    This is awesome. No wait it is legendary. I want in on this game and I will help you make it "better". Friend me if you want
  • 48fan
    48fan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Okay I like American Idol but certainly don't agree with the judges at all. But I know what you mean about watching tv that just rubs you the wrong way. My husband likes to watch them car auctions on speed that go on for hours and then days. Good luck to you. :yawn:
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Drink water instead of the al-ky-hol. Saves your liver and helps you lose weight. Either way, they both make you pee a lot!!!
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I actually like American Idol this year. They have more contestants that can really sing than they did last year.

....However....

I agree with you about JLO. She loves everyone and everything. It angers me whenever she talks. I usually turn the channel. Steven always sounds akward. Like he doesn't know what to do or say. Randy is the only one who tells the truth.
    Just do what the other reply says. Instead of drinks, do crunches. You will be ripped by the end of the season.:laugh:
  • 48fan
    48fan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Drink water instead of the al-ky-hol. Saves your liver and helps you lose weight. Either way, they both make you pee a lot!!!

LOL!!! Just think of all the pee breaks you would need. You could miss several comments by the judges. Great idea!!
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Oooo... I like amcantar's idea. :happy:
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    with those stats ur gonna b drunk before the 3rd person starts singing LOL
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Stopped watching years ago. When they came to Orlando, I know of at least 10 super talented people from my home town that tried out and didn't even get passed the first audition. Then when the show aired that season, they kept putting bad singers on air on purpose just for fun. Total waste of time, they lost me as a viewer when they did that crap!!!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Totally agree, I don't understand the American Idol thing but at least Bieber does have talents unlike the Jonas Brothers....ewww my bleeding ears!!
  • TDGee
    Options
    Well, I managed to get through it sober tonight, but not really sure I can do this tomorrow. I wonder if Walgreen's sells heroin?
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    You need a prescription...lol. Maybe you could plead a mercy dose out of them.
  • TDGee
    Options
    Get your drinks ready, here comes another liver pickling episode of breathless buffoonery!! (That sounded like it was from the old Batman show!)
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Maybe make it an exercise game? Dawg = 10 Jumping jacks. "Pitchy" = 10 Crunches, 10 lunges, 10 push ups. You get the idea ;3
    I like this idea!

But I have to say I never cared about this show. I don't even have t.v. One of the top 11, Stefano, went to my daughter's high school. So I checked it out on the internet, and I absolutely fell in love with James. I agree there are some bad voting policies, and I also know of people who didn't even get to audition. But I still love it this year (the only year I have watched it) James rocks. You will hear James Durbin in the future. Of this I'm fairly certain.