ugh i keep going over my protien

Options
i keep doing it like everyday and i dont typically eat that much meat and stuff...grr

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Aww.
    Sorry.
    I keep going over my calories. :(
    And can't get enough protein.
    Maybe I should check out your diary for tips!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    That's not a bad thing.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    MFP is set to 15% of your daily calories from protein. A LOT of us on here find it low and have customized our goals so it stops showing in red. I had to boost my protein to 30% to get the ratio I wanted of 0.5 grams per pound of body weight. No harm in going over the default setting provided by MFP for protein or fiber.
  • suziehomemaker
    Options
    dont worry too much protein ok
  • arosegeo
    arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    MFP is set to 15% of your daily calories from protein. A LOT of us on here find it low and have customized our goals so it stops showing in red. I had to boost my protein to 30% to get the ratio I wanted of 0.5 grams per pound of body weight. No harm in going over the default setting provided by MFP for protein or fiber.

how do i do that?
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Too much protein is not a bad thing. Don't worry about it. The things that are bad to go over on:

Calories (duh)
    Carbs
    Saturated Fat
    Sugar (not including fruit sources)
    Sodium
    Cholesterol
  • arosegeo
    arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Aww.
    Sorry.
    I keep going over my calories. :(
    And can't get enough protein.
    Maybe I should check out your diary for tips!

lol im not usually too great about keeping it. im a little lazy about it, and i eat alot of what ever i want but i work my butt off at the gym i try to do like an hour at least every night and if i eat something bad like i eat at work(i work at mcdonnalds) i make sure i work at least that much off.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    To edit your goals click.. my home... goals.. change goals.. custom... and enter the % you want. I'm using 40% carbs 30% protein and 30% fat.
  • jteammom
    jteammom Posts: 173
    Options
    I doubt that you have anything to worry about. The trainer at my gym says that you should eat one gram of protein a day for every pound you weigh. That seemed high to me, but I did a little research and there seems to be sound science there.
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have a really hard time reaching my 80+ grams a day goal : ( I eat vegetarian and it doesn't seem to matter what I eat, I just don't ever get 'enough' protein!
  • MauiSue
    MauiSue Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Protein is better than fat and sugar!