Housework

Options
Hi im new to this site. I am just wondering how much calories you burn doing housework?
I do about an hour and a half every day, and an hour a day at my grandmothers.

Hope someone can help!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

XXX

Replies

• cherrybe
    cherrybe Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi im new to this site. I am just wondering how much calories you burn doing housework?
    I do about an hour and a half every day, and an hour a day at my grandmothers.

Hope someone can help!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

XXX
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I think it's on mfp under cardio.....then choose between light effort or moderate effort....I think those are the two choices...
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    It depends how vigorous the housework is...it is in the database under cleaning. It will vary for everyone, depends on your age and weight. If you have a heart rate monitor it will give you a more accurate count. Hope this helps. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • tpdance
    tpdance Posts: 21
    Options
    i recommend caloriesperhour.com to calculate your calories for activities as well as resting Metabolic rate and other similar things. :-) I find it to be lil more accurate.
  • Nana27
    Nana27 Posts: 77
    Options
    Hi

Check out this site: http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/cgi-bin/fpc/actcalc.pl
    The Activity Calorie Calculator

I like it and it is easy to use.

74015.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Its under calistentics light/moderate housework

if you really want to go a step further you could get a HRM
  • TEXASLEX
    TEXASLEX Posts: 1
    Options
    WW has all housework/laundry ect. broken down into calories burned per hr. on their web but I am unsure if you have to be a member to ck it out.