Drinking water is making me unreasonably COLD. Anyone else?

Options
I'm trying to Up my water intake, but I've noticed that after I drink a glass, I get totally, uncomfortably, teeth-chattery COLD. Some days I feel like I spend half the day six inches from the fireplace, even though my husband insists that the house is hot. A shower or a good deal of exercise will warm me up, but only until the next glass of water. Does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    YES! Though I'm the type of woman who's always freezing, I am especially so after I drink water AND after a workout.
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Have you tried drinking it at room temperature?
    I don't have your problem...I love mine with a lot of ice!
    Hope you figure it out soon....that is strange! good luck...
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Never had that happen. If it's cold out, or just because I like it, I drink fresh hot caffeine free herbal teas. They count as water too!
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I'm cold all the time and doesn't matter if I drink water or not. I just have a space heater going almost non-stop about a foot from me. The only time I don't...when I'm working out. I'm not going to do that 24/7. lol
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have that problem too! It makes me not even want to drink it. I don't mind room temperature but I prefer it cold... if I wouldn't freeze!! I use to run hot all the time and since I've lost like 40 lbs, I am constantly cold. If I keep losing I might freeze to death! I have at least another 30 lbs to go!! LOL!!!
  • jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Only if I drink ice water. When I drink it room temp I am fine.
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I guess it will be nice if it continues this summer, after we move to Texas and it's 110 degrees outside... But for now it's kind of making me miserable to be cold all the time.

I'll try room-temp water and see if that makes a difference.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get this.. I actually notice that I tend to drink more water when it's hot. So I now just put the kettle on let water boil and drink lol. Only time I have cold water is at the gym or when it is hot out.
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I get cold like then when I have not eaten enough calories.
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I too. I have noticed this since my weight loss. I used to run hot all the time. Now, 103lbs later, I am often in a long sleeved shirt and sweater. Yuck. Only warm when I am exercising and running around my kitchen, baking. Sigh. Well, I am hoping I adjust. All in time? I worry that it may be something more serious, but considering the massive amount of fat I have worked off, I am thinking it is the main factor...
  • tinareet
    tinareet Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm the exact same plus I'm cold all the time, but extra liquid in me just makes me colder, I have hot water, let it cool for a bit so I don't burn myself and then drink that, it makes me warm for a bit and I'm still getting my water. Also if I put a touch of no added sugar squash in my hot water, its sorta like blackcurrant tea.LOL.
    Xx
  • loveisthmovement16
    Options
    I have this problem too, and it drives me NUTS. I have no idea what could be causing this. Because it's EVERY TIME I drink water. Mainly bottled water.
  • TashiaMH
    TashiaMH Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've noticed the same thing. Last Friday I went from drinking 6-8 glasses a day to 12-16 glasses a day. One day I put on a long sleeve shirt , pants and fuzzy socks and was still freezing in 78 degree FL weather. But the cold is a side effect I'm willing to take because in 4 days of upping my water intake I lost 3.8lbs, can't complain there.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I think it has something to do with the low calories (I see you're at 1200 cals). Somebody explained it once on the boards. I was freezing the first couple of months and thought it must be the ice water, but it eased up. I still get that way sometimes, though. Perhaps because I'm still on low calories?
  • sohmui
    sohmui Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I feel the cold very much so I drink cold water in the summer and hot water in the winter. Just put the kettle on and drink, as someone wrote above. You'll soon get used to doing it.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Drink your water at room temperature instead of cold water?
  • loveisthmovement16
    Options
    It isn't that it's ice water either, since I've been drinking room temperature water and still get really uncomfortably cold, almost to where I've got a fever.
  • bluelake100
    Options
    I have the same problem with getting cold when I drink water. It doesn't matter if it is cold or room temp water. I have not tried warming the water yet to see if that helps. I am menopausal so I have hot flashes one moment and then cold the next. I literally will have a fan blowing on me one moment and the heater blasting on me the next. If I have a hot flash, I drink water to help cool me down. The fallout, minutes later I will be cold.
  • niferbu
    Options
    I am so glad to see this post, not because I am glad that you are suffering, but to know that I am not alone! I have increase my fluid intake to a minimum of 1/2 my body weight and I am freezing! I have tried hot/war, beverages...no difference!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    This time of year I drink lots of herbal tea instead of cold water. It helps.