Ran into my ex-bf

Options
He tried to hug me in the store. I almost screamed at him. Then I came home and cried, even though I was the one who broke up with him. We broke up because he's an emotional sink hole who can't commit and he'd rather lie to placate me than deal with an issue.

I managed not to eat the entire box of cookie dough, but I did eat four cookies worth. I should really go running, and grade papers, and write my own stupid conference presentation, but I'd rather lie on the couch and feel sorry for myself.

Feh. I don't know if I need a hug or a kick in the butt.

Replies

• MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    If you need a hug... *hug*

If you need a kick in the butt, I can do that too! :)

Just think... maybe next time you run into him you can be even more fit and you can walk away knowing how much happier YOU are without him!
  • calspr
    calspr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    emmotional vampires they are the worst
  • jamiek89
    jamiek89 Posts: 105
    Options
    You definately need a hug! Get over the cookies, you obviously needed them. Go did a run, not because you 'have to' just to clear your head. Then get on with your day. Stop stressing out over some emotional retard!
  • Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    I've been there and I'm sorry you had to go through that.

My fiance and I split up about a month and a half ago. When she came home from school for spring break she showed up at my work and tore my heart out all over again.

It's lousy when they feel the need to pour salt in the wounds all over again.

Hang in there, friend.
  • brandy2076
    brandy2076 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good job! I know how it feels being an emotional eater. GUILTY!!!

I say do what you want to do and then tomorrow start all over again with the program.

Oh and he sucks. You're better off without him and sounds like you know it. You'll find someone wonderful when the time is right!!!
  • pdcarrell
    pdcarrell Posts: 101
    Options
    They call them Ex's for a reason! ;) Your better than that.... I don't know why us woman put up with jerks there really are better guys out there... I like to think of it this way I want to get fit I want all my Ex's jealous they let me get away and I want my Husband maybe a little jealous but proud to call me HIS Hot little Wife. Cheer up girl it could of been so much worse! He probably hugged ya cause he thought you was looking fine!!!!!!!! He's probably already thinking why did I let her go? Let him think it He don't deserve ya You deserve better! :)
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    Both, kick in the pants to get out there and exercise off the stress, and definitely a HUG!! BEEN there! I used to go swimming, and swim non stop for 30 mins! Kicker is, I am not a swimmer, i was just THAT PO'd! By the time I was done each day I was so exhausted I didn't care, and would literally fall into my bed and pass out at night. I was in great shape by the time I got over him! Took me two years. Yes, I was that in love with him, but he was a huge liar too, and the trust was gone forever. Saw my Mom go through two divorces once when I was 3yr and then again at 8yr. I am so glad I learned her lessons and waited until I found the right guy! 21 years this past Feb!!

Good luck, stay strong, and burn off that stress! That which does not kill us makes us stronger!
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! You're all fantastic encouragers and it helps to know I'm not the only one to go through this. :flowerforyou: