PB2...have I been calculating wrong?

Options
Ok I have been assuming that 2 TBS of the actual powder has 45 calories (before mixing with water). Is it really 45 calories after you mix it with the water to create 2 TBS of the powder water mixture?

All this time I have been measuring out 2 TBS of the powder, THEN adding my water and ASSUMING that was 45 cals????

Replies

• kuarta
    kuarta Posts: 65
    Options
    My two cents worth - water has no calories so if it 45 calories, before the water, I would assume it would be 45calories after mixing with water.
  • tellybelle
    tellybelle Posts: 144
    Options
    I understand that the water doesn't add calories to it. My question is does the measurement of 2TBS of ONLY powder have 45 calories or is it 2 TBS worth of mixture (after adding water) that is 45 calories. am I not making sense? :ohwell:
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    No, you have it right. 2 TBS of the powder will be 45 calories so no matter how much water you add, it will still be 45 calories. If you're trying to ask something else, then no, you're not making sense. :tongue:
  • IreneLily
    IreneLily Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think I get what you're asking - you want to know whether:

Two tbs of DRY powder equals the 45 cals

OR whether

Two tbs of a WET powder/water mixture equals the 45cals (thereby implying that two tbs of dry mix would have more calories)

Is that right? If that's what you want to know, the 45cals would be two tbs of DRY powder. :)
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    2 tbsp of dry PB2 = 45 calories

2 tbsp of dry PB2 + 1 tbsp of water = approx 1 tbsp of mixed product (and still 45 calories)

4 tbsp of dry PB2 + 2 tbsp of water = approx a standard serving size of peanut butter and 90 calories.
  • tellybelle
    tellybelle Posts: 144
    Options
    I think I get what you're asking - you want to know whether:

Two tbs of DRY powder equals the 45 cals

OR whether

Two tbs of a WET powder/water mixture equals the 45cals (thereby implying that two tbs of dry mix would have more calories)

Is that right? If that's what you want to know, the 45cals would be two tbs of DRY powder. :)

YES! This is exactly what I was asking! :happy:
    Thanks so much for everyone clarifying it for me. Have a great day!!! I'm off to eat some PB2 and toast! LOL :love: