diet soda

Options
sunshine92
sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
ok, im sure this question has been asked and answered before but: does drinking diet soda affect your weight loss? i know it causes minor bloating because its carbonated, but i've heard that it actually does something to you rbody to make it want to hold on to stored fat .

Replies

• sunshine92
    Options
    ok, im sure this question has been asked and answered before but: does drinking diet soda affect your weight loss? i know it causes minor bloating because its carbonated, but i've heard that it actually does something to you rbody to make it want to hold on to stored fat .
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    There was an experiment with rats. When they were given artificial sweetner it caused them to eat more. Basically the body thought it was getting sugar because it tasted sweet, but there were no calories associated with it. SO they ended up eating more to compensate. No proof that it works the same way in humans. This is a subject that will be debated until the end of time I think....

I drink it occasionally so I have some sort of tasty treat to look forward to. It's probably not good for me:sad:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    There has been research about diet pop and weight gain.

Apparently, when you drink something sweet (like pop) that should have sugar/calories in it but doesn't (like diet pop) then your mind makes you binge because it feels like it needs to sugar/calories. Now, I am sure if you have self-control it's not a big deal, but just thought I'd let you know.

I can't drink it because it triggers migraines, so that's all I really know.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    i know its really bad to drink soda, but when im having a bad day, i sometimes have a small can of diet soda, nothing else and it seems to satisfy my sweet tooth, with almost no calories

every1 is different tho :flowerforyou: x
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Lots has been said that diet pop is worse for you than regular becasue of the artifical sweetners... but I really dont know the truth... I do know that my dads dr told him he has to lay off hte real stuff and drink diet if he wants it.. I guess it depends on who u ask.. also I lost more weight when i didnt drink any pop than when i drank diet.... hope this helps:bigsmile:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation and when in doubt, drink H2O! :drinker:
  • our5cooks
    our5cooks Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I drink it every once in a while when I really need something sweet and I don't want to go over my points (weight watcher). I sure it's really not good for us but , ok I know it's not good because if I drink too many my low back starts hurting :grumble: ! But every once in a while we all have to splurge! :wink:

76013.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've also heard how it could be bad for you, but now a days everything is bad for you it seems. I couldn't live without my diet cream soda. Before I started this I drank A LOT of MT. Dew, switched to diet cream soda and I have definately not gained any weight. There is a lot of controversy over this but I have no problems with it. I also drink tons of water too..
  • sunshine92
    Options
    thanks everyone. i drinks tons of water so i dont think maybe 2 cans of diet soda a week will kill me
    -lol- :smile: