HELP!!! week 2 and gained 2 lbs :-(

tdolphin1
tdolphin1 Posts: 26
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm really bummed this morning, got on the scale and gained 2 lbs since last week. Last week was my first week and I lost 7 lbs! For me that's alot on the first week. Now I wasn't expecting another 7 but to gain 2 lbs is really upsetting. I've been exercising everyday, been under my calories and drinking my water. And just in case anyone asks....nope clothes still fit the same :-( Can anyone help please!!! I'm not new to exercise, I do intervals during cardio and also do strength training but I do more carido since I'm just starting yet another weight loss journey which I want to be my last. Thank you!

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Change some of what your eating or drinking. Change your settings so you can track your sugar. Also Make sure your getting alot of veggies at least 2 pieces of fruit a day alone with lean protein and dairy. Try adding in an egg and egg white to breakfest instead of hot coco. Small changes to your eating can make a big difference. Consider Circuit training and train smarter.
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Is it muscle? Muscle weighs more than fat, takes up less space. By now everyone has heard my blue jean speech. Trust your clothes to tell you the truth. I was working out so hard (building muscle) that while I didn't lose any pounds (in the beginning), I shrunk like crazy. Four clothing sizes. Now, I am burning the fat off to the point the scales reflect it. Trust the clothes!
  • tdolphin1
    Just checked on my sugar and been under everyday except one and that day I had 0 left...haven't gone over on that. Unfortunately my clothes still fit the same no difference there either :-(
  • Weight loss, unfortunately, is not a linear process. Your weight may fluctuate an amazing amount during the day (up to four pounds for me) and from day to day. So the results of a single measurement may not be at all representative of the true trend. And it is that trend that is all important.

None of this made any sense to me when I was following the "conventional" wisdom around here about weighing only once a week. If I happened to hit a high fluctuation when I took my single weekly weight reading it was utterly baffling and discouraging.

Only when I started weighing myself daily (and even multiple times a day for a while). By weighing myself at the same time every day I could see the fluctuations and learn not to stress too much about them.

And I also learned that just because I had a "good" day (as far as calorie deficit), it definitely did not mean it would show up on the scale the next morning. In fact, for me, it never does. It usually (but not always) shows up a day later. But sometimes I never see it. That's balanced out, though, by the days when my weight suddenly drops more than I expected with no apparent reason.

So my advice, weigh daily at the same time but don't let individual weighings depress (or elate) you. Just watch the trend and you'll see that your efforts DO pay off.
  • tdolphin1
    bump
  • Sway
    Sway Posts: 100 Member
    Same thing is happening with me. I lost about 6 in the first week, and now it's not moving. I've been restricting my calories, so tomorrow I'm going to have get more in ( I have a planned dinner). Frustrating though, I know.
  • Dave59
    Dave59 Posts: 28
    You've dropped 5 pounds in 2 weeks which is pretty good. As was mentioned already, weight fluctuates a lot. I was down 2 from Tuesday to Wednesday and back up 1 this morning.

Keep at what you are doing and give it a few more weeks. Then you should see a gradual over-all decline within the crazy fluctuations.
  • tdolphin1
    thanks guys! think I'm going to have to weigh myself a little more....got on the scale just now and it was down from 2 days ago at this time. grrr....I know weight can bounce up & down I've just never seen it do 2 lbs in a day. ah well I am blonde....lol Thanks again!!! :-)
This discussion has been closed.