What do you think???

Options
Hiya,

Just need a little advice, I had my calories set at 1500 each day which was 300 deficit every day so over the week that should be approx 0.5lb loss, however I exercise 4 times a week (zumba 3 times, and walking or dvd ) but i do not eat my exercise calories and found after a week or so that I was putting on weight instead of losing, and the exercise is not new to me i have been doing it for a month and half maybe 2 months so its not that.

So I thought about it a bit more and changed MFP to 1300 each day, so I should lose 1 pound a week(fingers crossed) but this time I will eat most if not all my exercise calories back, and include 2 weight traing sessions. what do you guys and girlys think about this change?

Any advice will be really appreciated

Xxx

Replies

• Dlhigh
    Dlhigh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do keep your net calories above 1200. I know that you keep hearing about eating back your exercise calories, and those new to this site don't quite get it. There are bunches of archived threads on this topic. If you feel like you don't want to eat all of your exercise calories, at least eat half of them. It sounds like you are not eating enough, therefore the weight gain.
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have learned the hard way to eat those exercise calories. I am FINALLY losing at a reasonable and consistent rate - by eating! Supporting my body in muscle building and maintenance. I need those muscles to burn fat and those muscles need fuel.
  • kps1104
    kps1104 Posts: 58
    Options
    I think that should work! I learned the hard way to eat my calories...I was doing the same thing and with the same results. The only thing with me is that with zumba being at night its hard for me to eat my calories so late, I am just not hungry...so what I did was I drank a shake with my calories, seems to work! I am now back from vacation and getting back on track :)

good luck! feel free to add me on your friends list for support :)
  • tinareet
    tinareet Posts: 126
    Options
    thanks guys, I think i am doing it right now, but tweaking will probs be neccessary,lol.
    Xx