I feel so fat and ugly :(

2»

Replies

• vanfox23
    vanfox23 Posts: 110

Now that I won't be seeing her much anymore I can concentrate on myself and try to value myself more, rather than feeling like "the failure" next to "miss perfect".

This is another thing that I believe we can all relate to. I have one friend who, every time she leaves the house has to be perfect. Her kids are always dressed perfect yada yada yada. Even though I have lost 22 lbs, I still feel like a fatty around her. So welcome to MFP and I hope that you find the support that you need here. It has been a great addition to my lifestyle change!
  • IWillWinSkinny
    IWillWinSkinny Posts: 46 Member
    Thank you for all your tips and advice (with the exception of one :(). I'm really proud to have made the first steps.

I know I have a lot of issues to deal with, not just weight but my appearance in general. This is the first day in a long time where someone has not put me down, and it feels nice.

I now know I'm definitely in the right place at the right time :)
  • Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Hi Sarah and welcome to MFP.

Your friend sounds like a $%^&*. Ditch her and make some new, supportive friends on MFP!!

The support really is great and everyone will rejoice in your victories and be sympathetic if you're having a bad one.

Add me as a friend if you want. And you look beautiful in your profile pic!!

Anne
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Sarah- I think you need new friends! That "mate" who judged you had no right to do so at all. We aren't looking for perfection, just slow and steady- talk to yourself as YOU would a friend, and you would never tell a friend they were fat and ugly! Good luck on your healthy journey!
  • oh honey. you are beautiful :):) ill be your bff. lol.
  • Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    - Post your 'New Small Victories' (NSV) - we love them.

I thought NSV = Non Scale Victories???
  • - Post your 'New Small Victories' (NSV) - we love them.

I thought NSV = Non Scale Victories???

yeaa me 2?. lol
  • WVJERSEYGIRL
    WVJERSEYGIRL Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Sarah....

Sorry you're feeling bad.....wanted to say good luck on your weight loss journey....I'm new to MFP also and find the people on the boards are friendly and helpful...

Nobody can make you feel bad unless you let them...everybody has set backs...
This discussion has been closed.