NON-ACID REFLUX

Options
rosied915
rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
Just wondering if anyone else has this?

I just had an UGI and have "significant relux". The radiologist told me that this could be due to the esophageal sphinctor (that keeps your food down in your stomach is damaged, stretched, malfunctioning, etc).

I do NOT have heartburn at all, just a "feeling of fullness" all the time. My calorie intake for the last few weeks has been around 700 cals per day and I am struggling to get that in.

I'm thinking that I will have to have a GI doc consult and a scope and through research I am learning that behavior modification with eating will be part of the treatment.

At the moment I am not concerned about the low calorie intake although this morning's weigh-in had me UP a half pound~ and I think I'm "big enough" to not have to be concerned about "starvation mode" YET.

So, if you have this, I'd like to hear about your experience with it.

Thanks.

Replies

• tcsteeves
    tcsteeves Posts: 59
    Options
    I had an upper GI done a couple of times. I was completely put under so I had no feeling of it being done. I have pretty bad Acid Reflux which is another reason why I'm trying to lose weight. I think that contributes to it. I've had it for years but I've also been overweight for years. Anyhow, I was scared to have it done but it really was no big deal when it was all said and done. It didn't even seem like I had been down at all. I hope this helps.