Options
Hello my name is Michelle and like everyone I need to lose weight. I was diag with type 2 diabetes after my second child was born. I was insulin dependent while pregnant with her. Not fun. I want to say I've tried all the diets but to tell you the truth it never lasted more that a couple of days. Very little will power :smile: I think this is a fantastic forum and hope to really get some progess. So far so good and quite shocking on how many calories I was taking in. Spaghetti almost 1000 calories and I would have 2 huge plates. :bigsmile: Two of my major problems are nighttime snacking and finding time to excercise. Wish me luck

Replies

• Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! You really are in a fantastic place to start becoming a healthier you!

I too struggled with diets and had never healthily dieted until I was introduced to this site.

I would advise you to stick around the forums too as you can gain fantastic advice and support from fellow members. I'm sure there are a few groups here dedicated to losing weight with diabetes.

Have a look at the success stories and see what MPF has helped hundreds of people achieve.

I will have a look for these particular groups now!
    :flowerforyou:
  • karencalleja
    karencalleja Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good Luck and don't worry you're not the only one that was eating too many calories - but MFP is a fantastic site and friends keep you motivated so you need to log in daily and write everything you eat - its great cos you know were you're going wrong. Also try and fit in some exercise and you'll be on your way. feel free to add me as your friends if you like. :)