Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weightloss Scale #s

This is going to drive me CRAZY MFPs!!

Are you guys weightloss #s lost consistent? Meaning is your weight stable?

My weight can fluctuate a good 5 - 8 lbs depending on what I'm doing as far as exercising or what I am eating.

For example, I lose real good during the week. On the weekend (my exercise days off) i go up about 5-8lbs! How could this be?

Then Monday, back to working out and it goes down again. I'm never going to get to my goal at this rate!!!

What should I do??

I work out pretty intense during the week: 5 days - 60 mins cardio and 15 - 20mins strength training. Usually burn anywhere from 700 - 800+ calories on those days.

I've gone from 23% body fat to 17% (as of feb, I need to get re-measured soon). And went down about 4 pants/dress sizes.

Many people say "don't pay attention to the scale", but if you don't how will you assess your results?

So feel free to check my diary out and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Tameka

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    the scale is a fickle friend. don't rely on it.

and you have assessed your results plenty by your measurements, body fat ratio and clothes sizes.

i recently came off of a 12-week long plateau in which i didn't lose any weight at all. had i relied soley on the scale, i would have given up. but eventually it moved.

stay the course. it sounds like you're doing everything right.
  • tinytotnot
    tinytotnot Posts: 67 Member
    You've done so well up to now, congrats.

As much as we all like the numbers on the scales to go dow, in my eyes losing 4 dress/pant sizes is fab, and I'd use that and measurements to monitor. My goal is to do down 3 or 4 dress sizes (depending on the shop!!) As long as my clothes are getting smaller I can live with the scales not changing too much. Keep doing what you are doing and you will see the results that you want. :happy:
  • ladybb7
    ladybb7 Posts: 134 Member

i recently came off of a 12-week long plateau in which i didn't lose any weight at all. had i relied soley on the scale, i would have given up. but eventually it moved.

Did you do anything to to get out of the plateau?
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    This is going to drive me CRAZY MFPs!!

Are you guys weightloss #s lost consistent? Meaning is your weight stable?

My weight can fluctuate a good 5 - 8 lbs depending on what I'm doing as far as exercising or what I am eating.

For example, I lose real good during the week. On the weekend (my exercise days off) i go up about 5-8lbs! How could this be?

Then Monday, back to working out and it goes down again. I'm never going to get to my goal at this rate!!!

What should I do??

I work out pretty intense during the week: 5 days - 60 mins cardio and 15 - 20mins strength training. Usually burn anywhere from 700 - 800+ calories on those days.

I've gone from 23% body fat to 17% (as of feb, I need to get re-measured soon). And went down about 4 pants/dress sizes.

Many people say "don't pay attention to the scale", but if you don't how will you assess your results?

So feel free to check my diary out and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Tameka

Stop looking at the scale. The scale drives me insane. I step on it every now and then, but the results mean next to nothing to me at this point.

However, take all your measurements (hips, thighs, waist, neck, bicep...etc etc etc) and check those weekly along with your scale. This way, if your scale doesnt show what you want it too, but your measurements are going down, you have confirmation you are doing a great job. The pants sizes alone would be enough for me though :)
  • MeekMeals
    MeekMeals Posts: 517 Member
    I keep telling myself to stop looking at it! I seriously want to toss it out of my car's window as i'm driving down the highway! I need S.A, Scale Anonymous. There should be a support group for scale addiction! It's just as bad as food addiction!! LOL! I'm laughing but I'm serious! :-)