160 less Calories?

Options
I've been losing what I think is a lot of weight on a 1400 cal diet but yesterday MFP changed my cal intake to 1260 does this seem right???

Replies

• anna_sherry
    Options
    That's what they have had me on since i began using MFP.
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Have you checked your weekly loss goal and activity level haven't somehow got changed?
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    And your calorie allotment is based on your weight loss goal and current weight. You've lost a lot of weight, so now need fewer calories to maintain, let alone lose.... if you're having trouble with 1260, reduce the amount of weight you're trying to lose per week (or exercise more....that one's harder for me, because I need my sleep....)
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    If you've lost a lot of weight, it might get harder to continue to lose that amount on the same caloric intake. The less you way, the less calories you burn in workouts, etc. So taking in less calories will help you continue to lose the weight without a plateau.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    You could keep it the same. maybe you are more active than you had put in your settings, maybe you are over estimating calories or underestimating exercise. It will lower your calories as you lose weight. I think it is like every 10lbs. If you haven't checked it in a while then that is why it was such a big change. You've lost 55 lbs. That's awesome keep up the good work.

I would double check all you settings and maybe adjust your goals now that you are smaller.