tired

Options
I know they say exercise and eating right is suppose to give you a lot of energy and what not, and I do for the most part, but I have a REALLY hard time waking up in the mornings. I usually get between 7-8 hours every night. i'm in bed no later than 10 and get up at 6 during the week. Now granted I have always been like this, I just thought with getting more exercise might help me be more refreshed in the morning. Once I get up and get going I'm great, it's just the actual getting up part that stinks. Anybody else have this problem?

Replies

• MayaPapaya64
    Options
    I used to, but have found two things to help:

1. Iron supplement - This has changed my life. I use the Floradix iron and herbs that you can get at Whole Foods or Yes! Organic Market.

2. Having a morning ritual that you really enjoy to look forward to. For me, it's my morning coffee at the kitchen table with my husband. it's lovely, and I look forward to that even if the rest of the day is going to be craptastic.
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    i could sleep for a hundred hours and i'll still have trouble getting up in the morning:smile:
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yeah, i have the same schedule as you, I am up in the morning at 6 and in bed by at least 10 and I workout regularly but STILL cannot get up in the morning to save my life! I have to roll around for a while and turn the tv on before I can get moving, or turn the light on myself, and that sucks. I am not feeling the energy boost any more.
  • DK30096
    DK30096 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've always been tired too! Even when I was at my most fit, eating and excersizing right I was still tired. I go to bed at 9 most nights and get up at 7 and rolling out of bed every monrning is VERY hard! I totally know how you feel! I'm now trying to find the energy to start a work out routine because I know I'm never going to lose weight without it but I am SO tired after work!
  • jo_bel
    jo_bel Posts: 16
    Options
    I get this every morning. If allowed to wake naturally it would be at least 9:30 before I consider getting out of bed. No matter what time I go to bed at night it is always a struggle.
    I used to be worse but I find that doing something energetic first thing, no matter how hard it is, gets me feeling fine and ready to take on the day. It can be anything from a 5 mile run to washing last nights pots. Once that first task gets done I wake up and feel fine, but it is hard.
  • christmre
    christmre Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I used to have that problem, but my vitamin D was too low. It could be that or low iron, but check with your doctor first, too much of many vitamins can be really bad for you. There are a lot of things that can cause tiredness, I would say make an appointment with your doctor for a check up. Good luck! :)
  • mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    the funny thing is, on the weekends, if i sleep past 7 i fell like crap the whole day!!!! my boyfriend gets up at 5:30 and i actually wake up then too, most mornings, but i really don't want to get out of the nice comfy bed especially if my little boy has woke me up during the night ;)
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I had this a few weeks back and I made some big changes in order to combat it:

1) I increased my base calorie intake from 1450 - 1650
    2) I have a protein drink (20g protein/80 Cal) every day
    3) I have a meal containing carbs and protein after I finish a workout

Note that my CV days exercise = 1000-1500 Cals, Weight days are about 750 Cals - I try and eat these calories although I find it hard to consume that much whilst keeping it healthy. When struggling I'll eat a protein/carbs flap jack (see my diary for details) ~400 calories of protein & carbs - low fat

I feel MUCH better and am still loosing weight at a good rate.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Yep. You are not a morning person. It's the way your body is wired and it's BEST not to fight it. Trust me. I've talked to my doctor about this too. Just embrace who you are and it sounds out you would be more of a night time workout person like me. :)