why isnt the scale moving!!!

Options
I feel like I've been doing so good in my eating and in working out and the scale hasn't moved in two weeks now!!! Can anyone explain this to me?! I've been fluctuating between the same like .4 of a lb for the last two weeks and I'm getting discouraged that I'm not losing anything! Help!!

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Open your diary - can't really explain much if we can't see what you are/aren't doing.
  • missbeezy
    missbeezy Posts: 198
    Options
    Hi. I think that many who will respond will ask you to open your food diary up so they can see what changes need to be made or what is causing this. Best of Lu k!
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Trick your body... have a day off from exercise and eat something naughty... you'll soon see it move!
  • szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    opened :)
  • crystal10584
    Options
    make sure you're getting at least 8 - 8oz glasses of water a day. That's what's been making my numbers fly down.
  • szimba
    Options
    Trick your body... have a day off from exercise and eat something naughty... you'll soon see it move!

I tried this one day over the last weekend and nothing happened! :(
  • treed4
    treed4 Posts: 66
    Options
    If you're doing the same exercise every time, you may want to change it up a bit. You're body may just need a little 'jolt'. Good luck!
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options

I concur , good advice !

not eating any bread works for me :tongue:
  • szimba
    Options
    I've been doing the chalean extreme videos along with the treadmill every a few times a week.... I'm on the last round of the burn phase so maybe when I switch to the next phase it might give me a boost :/
  • jonathandavid_t
    jonathandavid_t Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about it if you're exercising and have a small-but-reasonable calorie deficit (maybe 500ish below maintenance).

My "numbers" were static for a few weeks but then started falling beautifully. I presume it's to do with losing fat and gaining muscle.

Have you tried measuring yourself? You might see there are changes there -- which after all is more important than pure weight.
  • szimba
    Options
    Don't worry too much about it if you're exercising and have a small-but-reasonable calorie deficit (maybe 500ish below maintenance).

My "numbers" were static for a few weeks but then started falling beautifully. I presume it's to do with losing fat and gaining muscle.

Have you tried measuring yourself? You might see there are changes there -- which after all is more important than pure weight.

Thanks for the advice!

My first 30 day mark for chalean is coming up so I'll be taking measurements next monday... I'm hoping I lost some inches! That could be the motivation I need to keep going
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation, I have only lost 4pounds and I exercise everyday and the scale is not moving. I can see that my tummy is shrinking which means I am losing inches but that still is not enough for me. i would like some tips as well.
    Thanks
  • hikingmonk
    hikingmonk Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Firstly, looking at your diary, you are doing a great job on the nutrition! Keep it up and be proud of what you've done there!

Be patient. It sucks for sure not to lose weight when you feel you are doing the right thing (spent years doing more than enough to lose weight and never did, so I feel your frustration).

Also, look for non-weight clues. How do you feel? Tired or energized? Bloated, light and fit, etc... Usually there is a clue in there somewhere. Give it a few more weeks and then re-*kitten*. Maybe you need more strength training and less cardio, more veg and less bread, maybe you are stressed about something, or not sleeping well. Lots of different areas besides diet and exercise that can really affect the metabolism.
  • szimba
    Options
    Firstly, looking at your diary, you are doing a great job on the nutrition! Keep it up and be proud of what you've done there!

Be patient. It sucks for sure not to lose weight when you feel you are doing the right thing (spent years doing more than enough to lose weight and never did, so I feel your frustration).

Also, look for non-weight clues. How do you feel? Tired or energized? Bloated, light and fit, etc... Usually there is a clue in there somewhere. Give it a few more weeks and then re-*kitten*. Maybe you need more strength training and less cardio, more veg and less bread, maybe you are stressed about something, or not sleeping well. Lots of different areas besides diet and exercise that can really affect the metabolism.

Yea, I think I'm gonna have to work on getting more sleep, I'm always tired because i'm constantly going, from school in the morning to work until around midnight, so that is probably a factor in it. I'm going to have to try to figure out a way to get more Zz's.
  • hikingmonk
    hikingmonk Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    There's been a number of articles of late regarding the sleep-weight loss connection (type 'sleep weight' in Google News).

I'm a terrible sleeper and I'm starting to think it's one of the reasons I've had trouble losing weight the last few years. I've worked hard this year to lower my stress levels and get better sleep and I think it's helping some. Magnesium supplementation has helped some also (wrt to sleep, not weight).

Sounds like you have a busy schedule. If you can't get more sleep, at least try to get 'better' sleep. I think all the usual sleep improvement suggestions apply. I've researched it quite a bit, so let me know if you have questions. Good luck.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've been doing so good in my eating and in working out and the scale hasn't moved in two weeks now!!! Can anyone explain this to me?! I've been fluctuating between the same like .4 of a lb for the last two weeks and I'm getting discouraged that I'm not losing anything! Help!!

From looking at your diary- I would recommend bumping up your calories for a week to about 1400 and then drop them down to 1350 or 1300. You are only just under 1200 everyday and eat well and balanced- so you arent doing anything super severe or drastic (yay!) but that under 1200 could be setting off alarms in your body. Bumping up to 1400 you might see a *small* gain the first week (it's not a "real" gain) while you kind of "reset" your metabolism but when you drop back down to 1300ish, it will make a bigger impact.
  • jdix000
    jdix000 Posts: 10
    Options
    Yes. I am new to this site...been on about 3 weeks and have not seen the scale move...Diary is open...any suggestions, please let me know
    6031550.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods