Slow and Stubborn

Options
This thread is for those of us who have been at this for a while and have made only modest progress.

I joined at the beginning of November, and have lost only 6.6 lbs. That's just 0.3 lbs a week. :frown: At least it's going the right direction. (Oh, and I don't need any help figuring out why it's so slow- no starvation mode issues or lack of HRM or kitchen scale- I just frequently go over my calories. :tongue: )

However, for me the victory is that I HAVEN'T GIVEN UP this time. In the past, I would have thrown in the towel by now. I'm not sure what's going on differently in my head this time, but I don't intend to question it too much.

It can be both inspiring and frustrating to see tickers and progress pics of people who have been on here for the same amount of time I have or less and have lost much more than I have. Don't get me wrong, I offer these folks my admiration and a hearty Congratulations. But still. . . .

Let us slowpokes help each other remember that we haven't failed as long as we haven't quit! :bigsmile:

Replies

• Jit7
    Jit7 Posts: 75
    Options
    I'm in the same boat myself. I've gone from an average eating habit to eating healthy foods up to my net calories and exercising 5 times a week. I lost 1kg in the first week which was great and have since gone back up to my start weight. I'm so fustrated but I'm still kepping up with it in the hope that my body shape changes if my weight doesn't.

Good luck with your goal. We can do this even if it takes some time. Feel free to add me if you want

Jit
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say I should be here too. I lost 30 lbs over summer, but have been stuck since November with no loss. :(
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Losing slowly is definitely better in the long term, although it can be frustrating making so little progress when others seem to be racing away. Just remember it is about you, and if you are cultivating healthier eating habits this will benefit you in the future. Keep at it and good luck!

By the way, completely irrelevant but your cat is gorgeous :smile:
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I really don't remember when I joined, I'm thinking November as well, but I know when I started eating right and exercising-October. I've lost 14ish pounds. But I go up and down SO flippin much, my head is spinning lol. But, like the OP, I tend to go over my calories more often then I should.

But, bottom line is, we're still here, we're still trying, and we WILL all get to our goals! GO US!!!! feel free to add me =)
  • stephijim
    stephijim Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm with you ladies! I started trying to lose after I had my son (because I gained 55 pounds!) and it's just not coming off! I lose a pound then get stuck for 2 months. But haven't given up!!! And I used to give up within a week during previous attempts so I at least feel accomplished :)

And I agree....black cats are the best in the world :)
  • Evarell
    Evarell Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    By the way, completely irrelevant but your cat is gorgeous :smile:

:smile: Thanks. Her name is Natalie. The previous owner named her, I would have gone with something more mystical.

I plan to have a tatoo done on my arm derived from this picture (someday, when I have the money. . . )

["And I agree....black cats are the best in the world :)" ] (stephijim, I don't know how to Quote two messages at once.)

Yep! This is my third, if you count the one who had some white on her. I think her extra toes made up for that. (Her name was Twinkle Toes. What can I say, I was 10 at the time I named her.)

So anyway, yes my cat is totally off topic. I just couldn't ignore the compliments on her behalf. :ohwell:

Anyway. . . .
  • Chyrita
    Chyrita Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I feel ya...my progress is at a snails pace. I will not give up, progress is progress and guess what? I feel so much better with the healthy eating and the moderate exercise that I do. So we will just keep on keeping on! :flowerforyou: