what is your carb/protein/fat ratio?

Options
amfmmama
amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
Just wondering what others are setting it at, and if it is working. Any trial and error out there? I recently set mine at 40 carb, 30 prot 30 fat, on the advice of a trainer. Not sure if it is the best for me. We shall see. What are you all doing?

Replies

• bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    2700 cals a day
    40 35 25 carbs/protein/fat

Trying to get to 40 40 20 eventually.
  • gmthomas
    gmthomas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Really....only 40 carbs for the day?
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    2700 cals a day
    jealous!!!
    mine is 1200 cals
    35-40-25 (carbs-protein-fat)
  • amfmmama
    Options
    Really....only 40 carbs for the day?

40 % 40 carbs would be way too low for me!
  • bmontgomery87
    Options
    jealous!!!
    mine is 1200 cals

I'm sure we have different goals.
    I've went from skinny-fat to skinny. Now I'm trying to eat over maintenance daily and slowly bulk up to 160 over the next few months.
  • soysos
    soysos Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    For something at the opposite end of the spectrum. I have mine set at 60/15/25 I do eventually want to up my carbs with less fat. I have found that a high carb diet really isn't dffcult to maintain. take it fore what its worth I'm trying to maintain not loose.
  • dmanakho
    dmanakho Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    1900cals and 50/35/15 is my ratio.

However, i only try to make sure i get proteins for the day. Carbs and Fats can vary from day to day, but for as long as i stay below 1900cals I feel good about myself.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    BUMP
  • gunnarpalm
    gunnarpalm Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I read in fitness bodybuilding magazine a recommendation for 40/30/30 protein/carbs/fat.. I went to that and have lost body fat and gained muscle weight.. hard to get all the protein in without taking a protein supplement.
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    jealous!!!
    mine is 1200 cals

I'm sure we have different goals.
    I've went from skinny-fat to skinny. Now I'm trying to eat over maintenance daily and slowly bulk up to 160 over the next few months.
    We sure do cz I'm trying to lose weight... only 4-5 lbs tho... then I can eat 1400 cals a day! (my maintenence), which is one McDonalds meal... weigh loss sucks :sad:
  • gmthomas
    gmthomas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love some sound advice on this topic as I have never trued to lose weight before and am not doing a very good job of it so far.
    What would you suggest my carb/protien/fat ratio be?

I am 47
    203lbs
    Goal is to get to 185

I workout at the local Y about 4 times a week doing eliptical and some core strenght machines.

Thanks everyone!
  • bmontgomery87
    Options
    I read in fitness bodybuilding magazine a recommendation for 40/30/30 protein/carbs/fat.. I went to that and have lost body fat and gained muscle weight.. hard to get all the protein in without taking a protein supplement.

I agree. It can be difficult and expensive. I eat a lot of turkey burger.
    I come in around 200 grams per day without my protein supps.
    End up around 250 and up by the time I have my whey throughout the day.

Cottage cheese is a big helped. I get about 60 grams daily from it. (2 cups of fat free kroger brand every night)
  • bmontgomery87
    Options
    I would love some sound advice on this topic as I have never trued to lose weight before and am not doing a very good job of it so far.
    What would you suggest my carb/protien/fat ratio be?

I am 47
    203lbs
    Goal is to get to 185

I workout at the local Y about 4 times a week doing eliptical and some core strenght machines.

Thanks everyone!

Since you've got a gym memebership I'd reccomend some weight training.
    I lose about 15 pounds last year from lifting and doing elliptical.
    Plus when you lose weight, it's not all fat, you lose some muscle mass. If you're lifting and eating a diet rich in protein, you can minimize this. And if you're new to lifting you'll actually gain some muscle while losing fat and end up with a more "toned" look than from fat loss alone.

I'd shoot for 100 grams of protein a day. Then slowly build up from there if your diet allows it.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    55% fat, 30% protein, 15% carbs (Paleo)....working like a charm. Dropping weight like crazy and getting ripped.
  • amfmmama
    Options
    thanks for all the responses!! I think it is so interestig to see how people have their diary/goals set up and that it can make such a difference.
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options

This.
  • labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I shoot for 20% carbs, 40% fat, and 40% protein. I typically get about 1400-1500 cals (including exercise), so that works out to around 70 g carbs, 65 g fat, and 140 g protein.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    40:30:30 is the best ratio for weight loss with an exercise regimen, based on all the research I've done. No more than 1/3 of your fat should be saturated.