Scale addiction?

Options
So is looking at the scale every day REALLY all that bad? I have gotten myself finally to the point that i only check once a day anymore.... first thing in the morning. But everyone harps on me for even that. I used to check at least 25 times a day so i consider that a huge improvement so what is really so wrong with checking? I dont let it get to me if it hasnt changed much i just like to know...

Replies

• Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    I think people say its a bad idea, cause from the morning to the evening you put on weight due to eatting etc....so I think its because you weigh yourself think 'great i lost a lb' and the in the evening you've 'gained' weight so you go downwards. I dont check daily but check it when i pass n fancy a look...So i dont think its a major problem :)
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I don't really see too much trouble in it.
    I don't understand checking it multiple times a day though.
    Your body isn't going to lose more than 1-2 pounds of fat per week, but your water weight could fluctuate drastically every day.

You're really just weighing how much you've eaten, drank that day.

Mirrors work better than scales.
  • Momcharisma88
    Momcharisma88 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    too bad i hate what the mirror says to me. i never weigh at night only first thing in the morning.
  • kmunis
    kmunis Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Your body fluctuates constantly and many people get discouraged if they see even the tiniest weight gain which is why weighing on a weekly basis is recommended where you are more likely to see the long term results. However, I do weigh myself daily because I'm not one of those people. I like seeing my weight everyday even if I have a one pound gain due to a little too much sodium the day before. If you are ok with those daily flucuations, then an every morning weigh in is fine.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    You're not alone on this. I weight myself 2-3/day just out of routine and boredom. I don't get too upset if I'm up pound or two, I think I just check it because I have OCD. LOL
  • shannonmaria
    shannonmaria Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself usually every morning. I have been told not to and I understand why. Sometimes I get disappointed because my weight tends to fluctuate quite a bit during the week (a lot when it's time for my period). I get discouraged. I can also see how it can be a great surprise to not check it during the week and then be really happy when it is time to weigh in, to see how much you've lost. But overall, I weigh myself too and I think it's ok.