The crazy little Ant (with mild language)

Options
OK, before I share with you my little story let me explain something.

Yes we have ants, and yes I will think nothing of poisoning them this weekend when we get to get some Ant traps.

Also, my husband and I are slobs. We are the artsy creative types smashed with all our gear into a small little apartment . It can't really be helped so much. We aren't the gross leaving food around slob though so I am not sure why we have ants but it's a yearly occurrence.

In any event last night we got home from our dinner and I saw up in the corner, on the wall, very close to the ceiling, 2 little ants.

These little ants immediately grabbed my attention because they were bad @ss. There is no other way I can describe it!

One of these ants had a piece of Pumpkin's (my fluffy kitty face) dry food...all the way up there on the way....the size of the ant itself. Whoa! I was hooked. I was intrigued by the balls of the thing. The other little ant seemed to be helping it or to be engaged in an epic battle with the ant with the food trying to claim the nib let as his own.

I watched the ant off and on for a good 2 hours as it was directly in my view from my perch on the couch.

That little tiny ant carried that piece of food from one end of the wall to the other , all the while battling the nasty little ant trying to steal it.

After another half hour or so of them staying in the same spot my interest waned but I was still intrigued so I began to thing about it's little ant struggle and it's determination.

That and did not mess around. That ant wanted that food and he was willing to anything he needed to to hold that enormous niblet in his mouth until he could no longer hold on to it. It was his journey...in my mind his struggle with his little ant demons.

Eventually, to my despair we heard (yes the food bit was big enough to make a sound) the sound of the niblet crashing to the floor.

I rushed over pausing the movie we were watching and searched in vein for the niblet and it's prize holder.

But, alas, there was no ant niblet combo to be found. I did find the jerk ant who wouldn't leave the big any alone though...and I decided to let it live.

The reason I shared this with you all is because A. Those ants were AWESOME! and B. I think the ants struggle reminded me of what we go through.

Here we all are everyday, struggling at time with this big weight almost impossible weight...this massive challenge..but like that little ant...WE DO NOT GIVE UP!

There are times we may tumble to the floor and have to start again..but like that little ant we are BAD @SS!!!

Replies

• skinnyjeans13
    Options
    Hahaha I love this!!
  • anemoneflynn
    Options
    Ohhhh, I hate ants. I have ants and MICE in my house. We had mice last November, so I got a cat, and he killed or helped to kill three of them. But I found one on the countertop the day before yesterday, and my husband found droppings in all the drawers he so carefully disinfected last month ... ugh. Ant traps haven't worked for us, but mouse traps are on the shopping list.