Maintenance calories

Options
I'm on 1200 cal a day to lose my remaining 5 lbs... but then what? my maintenance calories are 1400 a day. Am I supposed to eat so little for the rest of my life? is there a way to be able to eat more and not gain weight? It makes me sad when I think I'm never going to be able to have an indian take-out without starving myself for a couple of days... Any ideas?

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    MFP shows your maintenance calories at only 1400? You must be petite otherwise it would be higher. I'm 5'6", 42 years old and my maintenance calories are 1500-1600. If you're only 5lbs. away from your goal, I recommend changing your settings to losing 0.5lbs. per week. It's best to slowly increase your calories until you reach maintenance. If you want to eat more and still maintain your weight, you'll just have to exercise more.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    MFP shows your maintenance calories at only 1400? You must be petite otherwise it would be higher. I'm 5'6", 42 years old and my maintenance calories are 1500-1600. If you're only 5lbs. away from your goal, I recommend changing your settings to losing 0.5lbs. per week. It's best to slowly increase your calories until you reach maintenance. If you want to eat more and still maintain your weight, you'll just have to exercise more.

I agree. I'm a shorty (5'2") and have mine set on .5lbs a week (roughly 4 lbs to go) and my calorie intake is 1500. I'm still loosing weight and It's very doable for me.