Hit my Plateau

Options
Hey everyone, i have lost 11 lbs and I am at 136. I have stayed at this weight for three weeks now, even though im still watching how i eat and exercising....what should i do to get out of this plateau. i know one way is to change up your exercise or increase resistance, but any other advice???

thanks

Replies

• bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hard to say without seeing what you are eating.............
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    intervals and kick up the intensity!!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    when that happen to me, I eat 2000 calories for a few days. It makes thing move again.
  • nakami
    nakami Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Did you updated your goals....MFP does not reduce calorie goals automatically, just go to goals and manually update it. Hope it helps!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    To break through a plateau you will need to shake up your exercise, challenge yourself more. You should also try to be quite strict with only consuming "clean" and healthy food in a well balanced plan for a few weeks in addition to upping your water consumption. Both things combined should break you through.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    *pokes the blog post in my signature*

Try some of the things in there, it's how i just broke my plateau and I've lost nearly 2 lbs in the last 2 weeks.
  • hannahpalindrome623
    Options
    I'm not sure how your goals are set, but I've updated mine a couple times since I started in January (11 lbs lost so far - goal set to lose a 1/2-lb. a week). Unless your goal is already at the bare minimum calorie-wise, there might be room to slightly reduce your calories (my original recommended intake was 1460; now that I weigh 11 lbs. less than when I started, they're recommending 1410 to continue losing at the same rate). Also, make sure you're drinking plenty of water! Being a little dehydrated will make your body hold onto water weight. Good luck!!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Try doing some interval training.
    Try eating 100 cals less per day.
    Up your intensity in the gym. (Increase reps, or weight)
  • jpez01
    jpez01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Change up your workout!!

And try this SASSY WATER (prevention Magazine Recipe)

1/2 peeled thinly sliced Cucumber
    1 thinly sliced lemon
    1 tsp fresh grated ginger

Put all in 2 Quarts water, refridgerate overnight...... Enjoy!!

This will de-bloat you and hydrate!!!
  • savvygurl101
    savvygurl101 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    thanks so much everyone. ill try some of the things listed.