Newbie always looking for some new friends!

Options
Good morning everyone! I'm new to the site, working out, and trying to eat healthy! Its time to get on track and take back my life :) From the Grand Rapids, MI area. I'm always on the lookout for some new friends!

This is the beginning for me and I already feel like I'm struggling! I'm watching calorie intake, never done that before..and I'm starving! I haven't caved yet, but am afraid I might...please..any suggestions..or anything you may have done to help with that!?

Replies

• hwilliams519
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a really great site with great tools. And best of all, there's lots of support from people just like you! We all struggle and have bad days. You just have to keep your goal in mind and keep going.
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    hi new here too . i am going to add you as a friend :-) i have a water bottle 32oz. filled at near me to drink all day.. i flavor my water cause plain sucks, MIO is a new product out and it is o calories and has a lot of great flavors.... also a small low calorie snacks between helps.
  • oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    Welcome...you will get great advise and motivation from the friends you make on this site. Good Luck on your journey...it won't be easy, but stay focused and you will achieve your goals!!!
  • johnmcfarm
    Options
    Welcome TiffyC828! You are on the right track by joining the MFP community! Just take it one day at a time! You will do well here, just keep coming.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hi there! please remember the first week or so is the hardest! You and your stmach are not used to the new eating habits and it takes time to adjust! It WILL get easier, I guarantee it! The best thing to do right now is keep healthy snacks on hand, that way when you think you cant take it anymore....eat something healthy! You CAN do it! We are all regular people just like you...and if we can do it, so can you!
    There are many great snack and meal tips floating around this site. I have a few myself and am more than happy to share!

100 calorie snack packs are GREAT for portion control! I suggest going for the healthier ones (snack packs of almonds, nuts, fruits, popcorn etc...) but if you need a treat, try the snack packs of cookies. You will get your fix, but the portions are controlled!

Laughing cow cheese wedges are a GREAT alternative to mayo or cheese on a sandwich....35 calories each wedge...lots of flavors and they taste fantastic!

Vitamuffins - low calorie, tons of vitamins and fiber and the chocolate ones are DELICIOUS! I'm obsessed with the sugar free 90 calorie velvety chocolate vita tops. They are literally like a dessert!

Hope that helps.....add me as a friend!
  • irishgirl0413
    irishgirl0413 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too and trying to get "up to speed" with a healthier lifestyle. I hate working out and am pushing myself daily to get my butt going! I have 4 children so I do a LOT of running around, but have only recently started actually exercising. I'm looking for people to help push me; my diet is okay. I have my 'bad' moments, but am okay with the "dieting" it's the exercise that I need people to push me on and say ... Get going! :o)

I was a cheerleader in high school and find that I can cheer on the best of them, I love giving my friends "kudos" ... if you're looking for a friend to cheer along on this journey, add me :o)
  • WhitsEnd2011
    Options
    Hi TiffyC828 and welcome.

I agree, this place is great. I like it better than Facebook. I do the 1200 calories a day diet. I can not believe I lost 13lbs in 43 days. I have tried other diets and never once I could do the calorie diet. I crave snacks and chocolate. Sugar free pudding is awesome. 90 calories. Sometimes I want the real thing, like a 3 Musketeer, so I have a bag of mini 3 Musketeer bars. Two mini's is 49 calories. I keep drinks handy that are zero calories like Lipton diet green tea and some flavor waters (but you have to read the label. When I am very hungry in the morning I eat one cup of Cheerio Cinnamon Burst, dry. That lasts me all morning at work and then when lunch comes I'm just not hungry.

Good luck on your journey.