is sushi a good choice...

Options
or should it be avoided because of the rice?

Replies

• pcarpenr3r
    pcarpenr3r Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sushi is an excellent choice. As long as it fits in with your macronutrient goals.

Don't be afraid of rice. As refined carbs go, its one of the healthier ones.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I personally think it's a healthy, well-balanced, high-protein, low-fat food that fits into my eating plan. That said, it's 40-100 calories per roll, so an order of California Roll, for example, can be 300-400 calories. It's hard for me to just eat one order of sushi, so I have to be careful, and eat it with something else fibery and filling, like seaweed salad.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Sushi is an excellent choice. As long as it fits in with your macronutrient goals.

Don't be afraid of rice. As refined carbs go, its one of the healthier ones.

This.

If it fits your macros, eat it.
  • chelios7
    chelios7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Heck yes.Although I use to order mostly nigiri, now I opt for about half nigiri and half sashimi to limit how much rice I'm eating. I love sushi.
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love sushi... but have to admit it doesn't keep me going very long! Sometimes I have a smaller amount as a snack :o)
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    Does anyone know if hibachi is a good choice? I love getting the grilled chicken/vegetable kind, they give a large portion of rice though
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    What they all said + be careful for those with fried tofu in them and you should be ok :) hmmmm...sushi :)