Encouragement for all MOTHERS

Options
Hey all you MAMA's who have had a baby, or two, or 3+ and are wondering when the fat will EVER leave!!
Well, I've been doing Insanity for a month and I'm losing the inches, little by little.

Since 11 March, I am down 7 lbs, 1 inch of the waist (skinniest part of my torso), 1 inch of the hips (widest part of hips), half an inch of the bust (go figure, I'm a breastfeeding momma), AND....

2.5 inches off the belly (fattest part of belly).

This is just how I keep track of it for myself. It's taking forever, but slowly but surely, the inches are leaving! I have to keep measuring myself so that I know exercising is actually working.

I've been doing Insanity, but definitely NOT every day. On average probably 3 times a week. I also am juggling my 3 children, 1 online class, and housework.

My rules are: I don't work out if I had an awful night being up with baby. There is absolutely no reason to work out when you're very tired (not lazy..but exhausted!), because you won't get a lot out of Insanity (at least I don't, I can't even do it when I'm exhausted), so I'm better off taking a walk outside with the kids or rushing up the stairs if I have a burst of energy.

Anyways, just wanted to throw some encouragement out there. GO US!!!

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement!:flowerforyou:

I have 4 "Little Dears" and it is very frustrating. I am doing the Shred and have noticed that my hangover belly is tightening. I have lost all of the baby weight before using diet alone, but without the exercise that tummy just hung in there.
  • chantihayes
    Options
    thank you so much! My husband and I are going to start p90x.. i just had my third baby 7 weeks ago and i feel like the fat will never leave.. I need to get down 70lbs total..
  • MereRae
    MereRae Posts: 39
    Options
    Love this! Baby # 2 turns 4 months this weekend. I am down 23 lbs and got about 15 to go!

Thanks for the motivation!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post!! It's great to hear that you are having success and hearing it makes it feel like it's possible!! :smile: I'm on week 4 of Insanity myself and haven't seen a change in scale or inches at all. It's frustrating but I keep reminding myself that even if there isn't a big change in the end...the toning and strength I'm gaining are helping. I've said this a thousand times on here, but the best rewards come in NSVs and for me being better able to play with the kids and strong enough for 'airplane rides' and all those crazy crawl up your leg flips my 4 year old wants to do are enough satisfaction to keep me motivated!!
  • SwissMaedel
    Options
    I have lost all of the baby weight before using diet alone, but without the exercise that tummy just hung in there.

That's what they say!! Crazy stubborn bellies. I am NOT giving up until I can fit my awesome jeans and I actually look good!! No more muffin tops for me! Haha.
  • SwissMaedel
    Options
    the best rewards come in NSVs

Non-scale victory. Had to google that. =)

SO true.
  • nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Six "babies" and one death (my mom) put on 100lbs, of which I would like to lose about 80. That's why I joined MFP. Got to make more time for exercise though, oh, and my youngest baby is now 8.
  • SwissMaedel
    Options
    Yes, it definitely takes some getting used to: making time.