10 down

Options
I've decided mini-goals is the best way for me to go, so I'm doing 20 pounds each goal. (Trust me I have a ways to go). I just got over the half-way mark of my first goal, and seeing that ticker move the way it has is definitely an inspiration to me. First time I tried this, I had a lot bigger goal, and whenever I lost weight, the ticker hardly moved...it was kind of depressing, especially after seeing everyone else's move. Then I realized what I was doing wrong. My goals weren't goals at all, but A goal. So now, I have several different goals, and I'm much happier and much more motivated! This is my third go-round with MFP and losing, weight. This time I have my doctor in my corner of the ring, and I'm ready to impress next month when I go in for my follow-up. My doctor is great, and I don't think I could do this without her help and support! It just goes to show you find help and support in the most obvious (or unlikely) places. YAY ME! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Replies

• LadyScarlett77
    Options
    Sounds like you are on the right track, Amber! Congrats for getting back on the wagon again, and I think that small goals are def the best. I have a LOT of weight to lose. With over 150 pounds to go I'm tackling 15 pounds at a time with rewards at each goal. : ) This weekend I get a day at the movies for hitting my 15 lb goal (great reward as I have 3 yr old twins and never get to go to the movies anymore). Keep up the good work! You can do it!