40 minutes of stretching, do I count the calories burned?

Fat2FitChick
Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
I have a 40 minute Turbo Fire Stretch workout to do today. I have never done this one before, always skipped it LOL. From the looks of it, it has some yoga style poses and stretches in it and will be using some of my muscles to help keep me stable. My question is, because it is 40 minutes, should I count the calories burned from it since it is a really slow pace?

I don't know what to do because this will be my only workout for the day. Thanks guys!

Replies

• eheinze12
    eheinze12 Posts: 58 Member
    I still burn during this workout. not nearly as high but you are still working out and it does make you sweat! I guarentee that!! :)
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    I would count it regardless... though you might be disappointed in the burn!! I counted a pilates class recently and only burned an extra 40 cals in an hour... haahaha.
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Wow, 40 calories only. OK thanks for your help.
    I would count it regardless... though you might be disappointed in the burn!! I counted a pilates class recently and only burned an extra 40 cals in an hour... haahaha.
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    I think you should count it, but wouldn't have the first clue as to HOW! On my "off" days I do Ab Ripper X and I know I'm working hard, but don't know how to capture the calories since my HRM doesn't seem to work for non-moving exercise... At any rate, I know that stretching burns calories so I think it's fair to count them.
  • salcala
    salcala Posts: 19
    I would not count it. MFP determines how many calories you should eat based on the amount of calories your body burns naturally. We can count cardio because our heart is raised higher than usual. If your heart rate is raised during your stretching than count it.
This discussion has been closed.