Starting the 30 day shred today!

Options
13»

Replies

• WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM so I created an exercise called 30 Day Shred level 1 and find that I burn between 200-240 calories in 27mins.
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    I also started this yesterday,( 11 April ) after waiting for the postie to arrive! I completed it in the afternoon, and sweated buckets.
    Today, day 2 was just as bad, only modified pushups for me! :tongue:

I'm also on the final leg of the EA 30 day challenge 1, which finishes on wednesday, and I can't wait to complete that one!:wink:

Btw I'm using 1.5kg and 1kg weights.

Good luck everyone!

I did the 30 day challenge last year and had pretty good success! I think I might get better results from 30DS but I may actually do EA after the Shred to mix it up!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Level 1 Day 6 complete.

I still suck at push ups...even the modified ones but I did so much better with the first cardio set. Kills my legs but it is now a good pain!

Bring on day 7!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    level 1 day 7 and I rocked it!

I kicked *kitten* in the first cardio set of jumping jacks and skipping! I didn't stop at all and other then my less then superior modified push up I gave it 110%.

I can't believe 3 more days and I am on to level 2. I just got use to level 1!
  • sweetnsassy74
    sweetnsassy74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The DVD arrived today and I started it tonight. I had to do the modified push ups and I thought I was going to pass out during the jumping jacks and jump roping LOL. I didn't have any weights so I just pretended today. Stopping for weights tomorow! :)
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    A little nervous, but so ready,. husband and i are starting the Shred on the 20th! Eee! Cant wait!
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done - I was 40 mins late out of bed due to not setting the alarm right but managed to squeeze it in before work. Don't think I'll ever be able to do those full push ups, but otherwise going ok. Should get my heavier hand weights today so I might be a bit stiffer tomorrow!
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    i remembered an old DVD player that's been in our storage closet for several months (since we got rid of the other tv, i guess) so my husband helped me dig it out and hook it up. it works! so i'll be resuming the Shred with day 6 tomorrow.
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Level 1 Day 8 DONE!! Tonight went super well, I still struggled with the modified pushups but breezed through the rest.

I think I may "try" level 2 :noway: not officially but just to see how I do. Monday Level 2 officially begins! Tomorrow is my weigh in but I will weigh in Monday morning as well to mark the end of level one and beginning of level 2.
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    1.1lb down!! I know it isn't much but it puts me to the lowest weight I have been in years!!

Plan to do Level 1 Day 9 early today and maybe sneak Level 2 in this afternoon ...now if I have the energy is the question on this rainy Saturday.
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    LAST DAY ON LEVEL 1!

I think I may peak and see what level 2 holds....should I be scared?

Anyone care to share their most hated level 2 exercise.

Level 1 hated exercise was the first round of cardio (jumping jacks/skipping) although it did get much easier. I still HATE pushups and I think I always will. I can do a few modified but nothing spectacular.

Edited: I am DONE level 1!! Now I am watching level 2
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Level 1 is done and I don't see much different in inches and the few that are a bit lower could be all in how I measured so I am not really going to count it.

I started April 7th and weighed in April 8th @ 138.7lbs

After Level 1 - today (April 18) I weigh -- 136.2

Total LOSS = 2.5lbs in 10 days! I am pretty excited since everything says the last 10lbs are the hardest but at this rate I may even make my deadline!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Well I guess I have got my own little thread here then...lol.

I did level 2 and I was thinking it wasn't so bad until the final cardio...yuck! In the first I got the crap cardio out of the way and now I will have to fear/dread it the end.

I made it so maybe the endurance building in level 1 prepared me for level 2. I am betting I will have sore arms soon though!
  • louiseei
    Options
    Well I've done level1 for a week then I was going to start L2 today, than yesterday I sprained my ankle. I put on 0.4lb this week too! So it's rest for me, hopefully back on it in a day or two.
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Did Level 2 Day 2 yesterday and gave into a rest day today :ohwell:
    Just not feeling well so going to get better first then get back on track tomorrow.
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Well somehow I miscounted and did an extra day of level 1
    I started April 7th so 10 days would have been the 16th as my last day of level 1 and starting Level 2 on the 17th however I started on the 18th..lol. I was trying to figure out why my days were not adding up and this is why.

So I have an extra day and a missed day
    Level 1 April 7th - April 17th
    Level 2 April 18th - April 27th ( 1 day missed)
    Level 3 April 28th - May 7th
  • louiseei
    Options
    Day 9 for me today, moved up to L2, not quite as bad as I'd feared but I think I'll be sore later.