Curvy gals ... Have you noticed your thighs?

Options
Don't get me wrong - I LOVE LOVE LOVE my curves, my legs, my butt. BUT - Was curious if some of the curvier gals have this problem? Chaffing on the inner thighs? Has losing weight helped with that?

I have a hard time working out in shorts because of this. My roommate and I use KY Jelly (lube) to help with the chaffing. And normally I wear yoga capris or pants, but it gets HOT in the gym! LOL

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Yup - Chub Rub! ;)

Try Body Glide for women or Monkey Butt powder. Will help a lot - and are both products made just for this issue.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    not for me it hasnt' but then again i lost 75lbs so everything hangs!
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    monistat chaffing gel powder ----works
  • leamgood
    leamgood Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem so I always where capri's or long pants. As I have lost weight my thighs are slowly (VERY slowly) but surely getting thinner.
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Baby powder helps! It prevents the sweating. Big thighs run on my dad's side and no matter how big or little I am, I always chafe :/ stupid genes.
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    bump =) good question
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    It's helped me- even though my thighs still touch, I don't get the chafing like I used to.
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    They do make anti chafe stuff (body glide anti chafe)...comes in a deodorant type stick. I had to get some for DH when he was in AIT because his shirts were rubbing his nipples raw (he tried everything). I would say try wearing spandex shorts under your other shorts (if your not comfortable with wearing just spandex.). It will stop your skin from rubbing against itself.
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    They do make anti chafe stuff (body glide anti chafe)...comes in a deodorant type stick. I had to get some for DH when he was in AIT because his shirts were rubbing his nipples raw (he tried everything). I would say try wearing spandex shorts under your other shorts (if your not comfortable with wearing just spandex.). It will stop your skin from rubbing against itself.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I get it, ugh it is so embarrassing. Especially when I wear out the inner thighs on my jeans. So sad. I have finally just started to notice that I can stand with my legs about shoulder width apart and see daylight between them! YAHOO! Lots of leg work for me, balance, squats, running, etc, is finally starting to pay off.

I always wear pants in the gym because I hate my knees in shorts (I know, a weird thing to hate, but the fat just accumulates there and its gross) BUT when I am having a problem with the chaffing I use either baby powder, gold bond, or actually a weird trick is I use conditioner on my inner thighs in the shower and that keeps things under control.
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    I have knock knees, so my thighs will always rub together. However, heavy weight training and cardio have really tightened everything up, so at least it's now muscle that rubs together.
  • wey1983
    wey1983 Posts: 109
    Options
    I'm so happy I'm not the only one who experiences this! Its annoying. But I use just plain old vaseline patroleum jelly :)
  • h2onut
    h2onut Posts: 164
    Options
    Baby powder helps! It prevents the sweating. Big thighs run on my dad's side and no matter how big or little I am, I always chafe :/ stupid genes.

I'm in the same boat - sure wish I got the body type of my mom's side (oh well, love what we have right)? I LOVE skirts but rarely wear them 'cause of the chafing - baby powder does help but not an all-day solution. Thanks for the tips on the anti-chafing bars - will have to be on the look out!
  • labgirl3
    labgirl3 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have this issue too, and swear by Monistate anti-chafing stuff (gel? cream?). It's silicone based, and really works. You can find it with the usual Monistat products, even though it has nothing to do with all of that! :blushing:
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I've had holes rubbed through old jeans before becasue of this problem :(

I' have noticed a difference though! And I don't really wear shorts much, can't help ya there...
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I have been doing weight lifting - strengthening exercises and after just one month I lost an inch in each thigh! I do upper body and abs one day, lower body and abs the next for 5 days a week for 30 - 40 minutes depending on the dvd. I only lost maybe 4-5 pounds so I KNOW it is the exercising! I will always have thunder thighs, but they are smaller now and only rub at the very top! I walk 45 minutes to an hour a day and mix it with easy bike riding for the same amount of time. I know that as I continue to lose weight - 25 pounds to go I will no longer have that problem! Hang in there. Think of the extra spandex you have to wear as penance for letting yourself go and KNOW that following through will get you the best body you can have!! Hang in there and take measurements so you can see your good progress! Good luck!! = D
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options

I'm in the same boat - sure wish I got the body type of my mom's side (oh well, love what we have right)? I LOVE skirts but rarely wear them 'cause of the chafing - baby powder does help but not an all-day solution. Thanks for the tips on the anti-chafing bars - will have to be on the look out!

A friend of mine swears by bike shorts under skirts for the chafing issue.
  • barbacasec
    barbacasec Posts: 106
    Options
    I wear bike shorts :) and you can wear them under a running skirt or shorts

just make sure they are long enough ones to cover the area that rubs.. becuase they do make some SHORT ones that do me NO good- especially when running 5 miles :)

good luck !
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I had that problem before losing 80 lbs! It does go away!!
  • Katherine_Nelson
    Katherine_Nelson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have that problem! but the sad part is that it only irritates me when im wearing skirts and NOT working out! lol. but then again, i always wear big shirts and tights to work out it. maybe you should try that!