PMS week?

Options
Alright ladies, this one is for you........

What do you do on your PMS, bloated, worn-down, icky feeling week to stay on track? I feel like these weeks I am a bottomless pit and could eat any carb or fat until there is no more food in the world.... These of course, are the weeks when I don't want to exersize because I'm tired and bloated.

Please give me your own tips!!! And please.... be honest! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    Having one of those weeks right now.

Biggest tip: When you don't feel like working out, sometimes it's best to push yourself. It really helps with my moods, energy, and cramps. And i find at the end of those work outs, even if it's for 20 minutes, I am so glad that i did it.

And I try not to keep any "trigger" foods around me.
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Yep...I give myself one cheat day a month....and it is usually the day before TOM arrives so I can give in to my carbs cravings. I don't weigh in that week anyway due to the bloat factor so I figure I can get it off if I indulge too much before the next weeks weigh in anyways.
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    man, I want to see the answers to this!! hate this week!! I just try to stay busy, focus on my house and get it spotless, staying far away from the kitchen and the grocery store. no fun!!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I had one of those-went over on carbs but it was fruit instead of chocolate-and did little bursts of exercise-not all at once and really tried to keep my water up so it will flush the system. and give yourself a hug, and know this too will pass.:sad:
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem during this week is chocolate...I MUST have it and ALWAYS give in=( Last month I gained 3 lbs just because of my TOM cravings...lol
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I just try and keep pushing through. I still work out, as uncomfortable as I may be. I try to combat the cravings I get by just keeping busy!

I also drink a TON of water during TOM. Helps a BIT with the water weight gain and helps keep me "full".

I can easily just curl up in a ball and sleep, trust me......but I need to not let anything stop me from my goals, not even TOM gets that honor!!
  • Jhensley2011
    Jhensley2011 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Drink more water to get rid of bloat. Make a deal with yourself. Tell yourself you can only eat the carbs or fat IF you work out. That gives you incentive to get moving. Once I'm going, I feel better immediately. Don't give yourself reasons or excuses not to stay on track. It's a period, not the end of the world. You can get through it. There are two quotes that I have on postits on my computer....

1) 99% of failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.
    2) Our greatest battles are that with our own minds.

These make me think twice about what I'm talking myself out of.

Lastly, ask yourself what's more important. Would you rather indulge and ruin your diet for 1 week or feel great about yourself for the other 3? Your choice.
  • garreltsnk
    Options
    Yep, but what about when you have to "weight in". I don't loose anything for that week. Any suggestions?
  • beanie1119
    beanie1119 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    As Woman we all go through this. I agree it is verychallenging but if you really want to lose the weight you have to stay strong and just remind yourself that you are not really hungry for all that stuff and don't allow yourself to pig out. I usually will allow myself a couple indulgences but small ones just to satisfy the craving during that time. I also do push myself to go and work out and I usually will feel better after. Sometimes I may not work out as long as I normally would. So overall I think of my long term goal and push myself through those few rough days. Hope this helps :)
  • tkimbre2
    tkimbre2 Posts: 63
    Options
    I ALWAYS seem like a bottomless pit during the week of the friendly TOM!! If I can't control the cravings myself, then I allow myself a LITTLE bit of whatever may be the guilty indulgence. However, I do make myself workout enough to atleast burn off those unwanted calories - even if I feel like immortal crap! After a few days, my cravings seem to just disappear and I'm back to normal! Just remember you're not alone and keep your head up :)
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I recently had my TOM and I pushed myself extra hard when I worked out. It made me feel better about myself, I didn't feel so sluggish and bloated. I don't get that bad of cramps, so I honeslty don't know how working affects those but I have heard it helps.
    I also eat a lot more and have mroe cravings for anything and everything for about 5 days. I just tried to fit things into my plan and if I slipped up a little, I told myself it's not the end of the world. I did discover freeze dried strawberries. A whole bag of them from Target is only 90 calories and they are yummy. They are a unique taste so I eat them slowly and only about 1/3 of the bag at a time. It helped me with my cravings.
    And something I found just this last weekend was Jello temptations pudding cups. Not the Mousse ones, those are gross. But this one has Lemon Merengue Pie, Double Chocolate Pie, French Silk Pie, and a couple more flavors. I think the most calories they had was about 150 for something like a 6oz cup. The double chocolate pie is super rich and it might help you if you have chocolate cravings.
    Good luck!
  • HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses! I don't crave really, and when I do its actually fruit or salsa, but I actually meant, I do not feel full like I normally would. Meals I normally wouldn't be able to finish is all that will fill me up, and then a couple hours later I am STARVING again. Its not the cravings, its the hunger...
  • mindy71183
    Options
    I am going through this right now! Two days before I started I wanted to eat everything in sight, but I made sure I stayed between my daily calories. If I ate over my calories, I worked out. As much as I didn't want to I did my workouts as I normally did this week. I also drank TONS of water. This morning I weighed in and I LOST three pounds from last week! I was definitely happy with the results!

BTW, those Jell-O snacks are amazing! I don't care for the moose ones either, but my favorite is the strawberry cheesecake. It is delicious and definitely satisfies my craving during this time of month! :)
  • Akaratel
    Akaratel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I eat a big fat steak! I think that my iron gets all messed up though :)
  • HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I eat a big fat steak! I think that my iron gets all messed up though :)

YUMM!!!! :) I could definitly go for that!:happy: