WW to MyFitnessPal

Options
jill5280
jill5280 Posts: 117 Member
Hi there this is my first post to this site. I have been tracking food here for a couple weeks and have been working the Weight Watchers Points Plus since the first of the year. I have had a fair amount of success with Points Plus, but I find this site easy to use, helpful and certainly no nonsense in terms of a solid approach to weight loss. I like the database of foods as it seems like many restaurants and grocery store items are already added in. No reason not to continue to succeed. My husband and I are considering making the change over to this site for the remainder of our weight loss journey. Currenlty I have lost 20 lbs and have 50 + more to go...so I will be around for awhile working on this health modification!

Replies

• rwillard78
    Options
    I just cancelled my WW membership after being on it since October. I have lost 25 lbs. This one is awesome too! I think you'd have good success here as well. Good LUck!
  • butterfly0475
    butterfly0475 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am also fairly new on this site as I only used it in the past to look up activity and calorie burn. I also was very successful on WW in the past (60lbs) and also feel I need a very easy system as the new Points plus system was difficult to follow. I have enjoyed my logging and meeting new people with my same goals. I will send you a friend request and welcome the support on fitness pal that we can do for each other as Former WW family.
  • RNou
    RNou Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! Great job on your weight loss, and I am positive MFP will help you with your journey for more! I also started on WW around the beginning of the year, but I stalled out really quickly, and became irritated with the zero pts for fruits and veggies. My friend turned me on to this site, and I haven't looked back. I left WW in early March and am 100% with MFP. I've lost a total of 17 lbs since January 10th, 11 lbs with WW and the rest with MFP. I think the accountability is better on this site, and having a message board that is easy to use helps a lot as well. Good luck on the rest of your Journey!
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I find this site far easier than WW as there are more items in the list and as I am only really tracking calories it is easier to track food than pro-points.

I also like the support system too.
  • Unicornmom2
    Unicornmom2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just cancelled my WW points plus membership and joined this site and I feel like this site really gives a little more of an edge. Last week I had only lost a pound with WW and with this site I've already lost 3 lbs! Definitely like this more!
  • candacecollins
    Options
    Welcome. I am also fairly new on this site as I only used it in the past to look up activity and calorie burn. I also was very successful on WW in the past (60lbs) and also feel I need a very easy system as the new Points plus system was difficult to follow. I have enjoyed my logging and meeting new people with my same goals. I will send you a friend request and welcome the support on fitness pal that we can do for each other as Former WW family.

I quit ww to do this site, it is sooo much simpler!! i think i acctually do better when see exactly what cals are going in and what is burned in workouts and such, it makes it more real to me, if that makes sense.. :)
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i had lost 25 lbs just before getting pregnant using the old WW Points plan. it was great, but when i tried to go back 2 years later, i yo-yo'd between 5 lbs for over 6 months and got really frustrated. THEN, when they changed to Points PLUS, i gained 4 lbs, likely due to the 0 pt fruits. Either way, it wasn't working for me and I was paying $39/month, so I canceled my memership last month and have been using MFP. I really enjoy just being able to eat my food without having to assign points to everything. I think i am more honest with myself when counting calories than points. I had lost 4 lbs in the first few weeks, but then went on a 2 week vacation without too many healthy options, so i gained a bit back, but now i'm back on track!
    I also enjoy the accountability that MFP has - "crrc78 has logged in for 25 days in a row"... - I know i'm not alone!

i also love that i can look up almost any product and find it here! makes it harder to cheat!
  • andiimarie
    andiimarie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I also quit WW to do this. I wasn't having any success with Points Plus and it was hard to figure out the points now that they changed everything. I eat a lot less on this plan, so I'm hoping that is the trick for me. Feel free to add me as a friend!

Maybe we should start a former WW support group :wink:
  • vxmittyxv
    vxmittyxv Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am/was a lifetime WW member. Rejoined after gaining weight back and had some success the second time around. However, after joining MFP I have not been back. Who need weekly meeting for support when I have MFP every day. Not to mention the cost. My grocery bill practically doubles when I start buying healthier option so I really don't need to be paying for someone to weigh me in. Don't get me wrong, i think WW is a great system or I would not have returned. I just don't see the need it paying for what MFP offers for free.
  • oicurun2
    oicurun2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    wow a lot of others that have gone from WW to here. I have flip flopped back and forth between the two. I love this site it is so easy to use and has a huge data base for foods but I was a lso a lifetime member and the weighing in in front of someone really keeps me accountable. I have cancelled my monthly membership but will keep weighing in once a month at WW.
  • lennis101
    Options
    Must admit I also had limited success with WW. I went from Slimming world (lost a stone and then stalled, probably portion size) to WW then to MFP. I find its easier to keep track of the calories plus my phones pretty much with me 24/7. This is going to be my first official week of MFP, well Monday to be honest looking forward to the weigh in on Saturday (I think:wink: ).
  • jill5280
    jill5280 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am also a lifetime WW member getting my lifetime back in 1982. (Post baby weight for a baby who is now 31 yrs old.) Since returning to WW I have not gone to meetings, using online only. I love the online format and find that this site is easy to use and that counting calories is a straight forward, no nonsense and not PROPRIETARY way of being successful.

I also looked at the losing it website, but I really think that this one has a bit of an edge on that one for me. My husband likes the losing it site as he can go on there with his IPhone. I don't have an IPhone so I like this better.
  • keynesian
    keynesian Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've just joined and I'm so impressed by the database of foods and exercise! Have been using Boots to list my daily food and exercise but having heard so many times how good this site was, thought I'd have a look and WOW!
  • tracywba
    tracywba Posts: 21
    Options
    I think I have pretty much done all classes out there. I only ever managed to loose 14Llbs with weight watchers and I was with them for around 2 yrs. I found I was constantly hungry on the diet, and to be perfectly honest I thought it was very expensive for what you actually got. I have also noticed that WW foods tend to have higher calories, and sugar contents than normal non diet supermarket own brand options, and then to compound that they are twice the price !!! I am finding this much easier to use and there is more accountability.
  • CorydonCutie
    CorydonCutie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have lost 49 pounds on this site since joining in January. I have enjoyed my time on here and can't wait to see where this road leads me.
  • tracywba
    tracywba Posts: 21
    Options
    I like this website as I can use this on my iphone, which is with me at all times, which means I list everything I eat, whereas at WW I tended to omit foods sometimes, usually because I didn't have my food diary with me, then forgot that I had had them later. I also think the 0 points foods can be misleading, because all foods have calories regardless of how few. I have a serious Tea habit, I can have upwards of 6 cups a day at work, and at 13 calories a cup it ends up being quite a lot, but I was always told Tea and coffee were free, we could drink as much as we liked. There has to be some points value to that at the end of the day. So I find this a much more accurate way of tracking what you're putting into your body and just how many calories you are eating
  • Mandz1984
    Mandz1984 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've been doing ww propoints (ireland) sine Jan 11th and have lost around 16 pounds. I've definitely had good weeks and bad weeks. I started on this web site on Monday and I'm already hooked! After my ww prepay is up I won't be renewing with ww. I find this site much handier for tracking things and knowing exactly how many calories I'm eating. Plus with tracking exercise I know I can eat more without feeling guilty like I do if I eat my exercise points in ww.